Terminated for dishonesty....

RolloTony Brown Town

How is sheeting a pkg NI after 5 going to show as missed? CLO yes, NI? No. Thanks for trying though.

If you sheet a package as NI after 5 and clarify the stop as a commercial by hitting number 2 after you scan the info notice it does indeed show up as missed on the report. You don't have to be rude because he's a management person. We all have to deal with the same BS. Except I don't have a grievance I can file because my boss told me I suck or I'm working too much. Thanks for playing.

Johney

If you sheet a package as NI after 5 and clarify the stop as a commercial by hitting number 2 after you scan the info notice it does indeed show up as missed on the report. You don't have to be rude because he's a management person. We all have to deal with the same BS. Except I don't have a grievance I can file because my boss told me I suck or I'm working too much. Thanks for playing.
You think that's rude? Funny,try reading some of Upstates post's if you feel like being the rude police.

You are the one being rude. He was just answering his question, like who Dragon answers other peoples questions

Thanks for playing

With yourself

Have a good evening

Johney

Sad indeed. I look to management for leadership. The only thing I try to remember is it must be ten times more difficult for them.
What I find sad is almost all of our pkg car on roads never drove or drove for less than 5 years. How do you expect to get respect from a 20+ year veteran never doing the job.

PT Car Washer

What I find sad is almost all of our pkg car on roads never drove or drove for less than 5 years. How do you expect to get respect from a 20+ year veteran never doing the job.
An On Road who drove for almost 5 years would be the most respected sup in my building. Try 90 days and managers who come from other departments and were downsized to operations.

Indecisi0n

you really don't know how many drivers sheet packages as not in and then they hit the commercial....no trying about it.

TIP: If its a business and no one is there, they are ClOSED. If its residential and no one is home they are NOT IN (NI) because your home is not closed...ever.
My home is closed after 9pm.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A better question ... who wants respect from a 20+ year veteran.
I tried to be fair to the employee and to UPS but I never sought respect except from those who decide my future.

dudebro

A better question ... who wants respect from a 20+ year veteran.
I tried to be fair to the employee and to UPS but I never sought respect except from those who decide my future.

Some people take seniority a little too far. If you had an on road sup with 40 years as a driver, they'd argue that the driver with 41 years would be justified telling the 40 year sup that he or she didn't know the job and can't tell the 41 year driver what to do.

It really doesn't take that long to get the gist of the driving job. They have brain surgeons who only do a 3 year residency "on the job". But somehow we think a driver needs 30 years before he/she understands..

Some people take seniority a little too far. If you had an on road sup with 40 years as a driver, they'd argue that the driver with 41 years would be justified telling the 40 year sup that he or she didn't know the job and can't tell the 41 year driver what to do.

It really doesn't take that long to get the gist of the driving job. They have brain surgeons who only do a 3 year residency "on the job". But somehow we think a driver needs 30 years before he/she understands..
But you do have a little more respect for someone who knows how to do the job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I never met a driver that didn't know the job after 18 months ... most after 6 months.
There is a learning curve but anyone who pays attention and can handle the physical wear and tear can be good at it.
At 20 years, we are are working on rationalizations why we can't do it as well as we could 20 years before ... driving either.