Terminated for Scratch did'nt Tell

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Tooner,I believe you said you had a Brand new pkg car. That means you will have to be extra careful, smart move on your part on reporting everything.

Thats good advice. I got a new P7 last year, and it gets driven a lot by other people. I get back to my Hub by 5PM, since i
I do EAMs, the PT Air PM drivers usually take it back out. The Saturday Air Drivers use it every weekend too. Counting the Twilight, Carwash, Preload, there is probably four or five different people driving it every day. That new paint sure does attract scratches.:closedeye

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I have heard that most accidents or incidents involve first year drivers. I wonder if there is more to this story? Most drivers will report a scratch knowing the penalty won't be severe, but anything more than that people will try to get away with it...just ain't worth losing your job over.

area43

Curious, it would seem that when you returned to the building you would have the sup and yourself inspect the vehicle. It would be almost like when you rent a car. Maybe they do a post inspection(with sup) at other centers. Its not practiced at ours. This post inspection(with sup) would elemenant any problems that could arise in the morning. As you know folks after we leave our pkg cars who knows what will happen-carwasher,line them up and filler up guy,they grab your vehicle for a late or missed pickup,etc,etc......type of thing. Be careful. ( : A43(not bingo)

area43

Thats good advice. I got a new P7 last year, and it gets driven a lot by other people. I get back to my Hub by 5PM, since i
I do EAMs, the PT Air PM drivers usually take it back out. The Saturday Air Drivers use it every weekend too. Counting the Twilight, Carwash, Preload, there is probably four or five different people driving it every day. That new paint sure does attract scratches.:closedeye
Hi Scratch, also, most of those 4 or 5 guys/gals dont sign the car cond report. Which would make it difficult to tell who did cause a scratch(no pun intended,lol). ( : A43(bingo)

DS

Fenderbender
Just wondering...jeez I feel like Dear Abby here sometimes...The chances are good that they are going to bring him back into service.
(if indeed he has been doing a good of a job as you say)
They are trying to scare him .They want him to know that not reporting an accident is a serious offence.They want him to know who's boss.
He will be asked what he will do the next time he makes contact with
another vehicle when driving his pkg car. I know,it happened to me.
I had 4 accidents in 3 months...they made me stew for 2 weeks.
The union did squat for me but my sup spoke up that I had 6 yrs
safe driving before this and talked the center manager into giving me another chance.I see no reason to freak out quite yet.Keep the faith.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner,I believe you said you had a Brand new pkg car. That means you will have to be extra careful, smart move on your part on reporting everything.
Especially now, but I always have. My old truck was the last in the bldg to get new paint, and I was thrilled and so very very careful. I went in one morning and there was a big scrape on front bumper and yellow paint from a pole on the fender and corner of bumper. I showed it to someone in charge and they shruggged their shoulders. My new truck has scratches on it and the one guy just said what do you want me to do. My center manager walked by and I said "so you are a company guy and you are saying its ok for a truck with less than five hundred miles to have scratches" Then he changed his tune and said no but, and continued on to tell me how hard it is for him to move the trucks around every am coz they are all parked wrong since there is a feeder loaded in the bld, blah, blah blah. I just shake my head and walk away, whatever but I didnt do it.