Terminated, in need of help

PT Car Washer

Sure, what else in our contract are you willing to give up for us?
Actually I was joking when I said that.(sort of) With all the concessions the Union has given UPS with wages, length of progression and benefits over the last 30 years I believe your question has little merit.

ihatewinter

The SAP program only applies to feeder drivers who fail a pre-employment or random drug test. It does not apply in your case.

I cannot give you any idea what will transpire at the State Panel. I have not seen this situation come up at the panel before.

It is possible that you may receive a termination reduced to a suspension, but I do not know that I would count on that. UPS has zero tolerance for workplace violence and drugs. You are in a gray area, it is legal in your state, but laws have not been written regarding marijuana and employment.

But the contract, at the moment is specific, and final and binding under both parties.

You are subject to being under 15 ng/ml Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid (THCA). Apparently, you were over this threshold and admitted to using marijuana.

If you are under Teamcare, you do not have insurance for any week that you do not work. If your State Panel hearing is not until next month, you will not have insurance.

If you are not under Teamcare, you need to check with your insurance. I believe you said 8 years. You have been here long enough that you should know, and care, about your benefits.

If you do lose your job, you have the opportunity to pay for COBRA. You can keep your insurance for up to 18 months, I believe. But it will be expensive. In the vicinity of $900-$1100 per month. You may find it cheaper on the exchanges.

I am not going to lecture you about drugs, but I do have one thing to say. It is too late for you, but maybe someone else may learn from this.

Why in the hell did you let them drug test you for? You said the doctor made a mistake. No, you made the mistake. Package drivers are not subject to random drug tests. You were there for your DOT physical.

If the doctor, or nurse comes in and starts the process for a drug test, kindly inform them that you are not subject to a drug test. You are there for a DOT renewal and are not a feeder driver. They will realize their mistake and discontinue with the drug test.

Good luck and I hope the panel gives you a second chance. They can agree to send you to rehab, even though it does not apply to you.

Ohio DOT drug tests for the physical.

DOK

For the blood sugar test, they do not make you empty your pockets, instruct you not to flush and to not wash your hands until you have given the nurse your sample.

They then do not seal your specimen in a drug test container, in your presence, and make you sign forms if it just a blood sugar test.

For a blood sugar test, they do it in your presence. Drop the test strip in your sample, wait a minute, read the strip and dump the sample.

How can you be confused about the two? Maybe because you are high and not paying attention?

OP, did you see the nurse seal your sample and have you sign paperwork stating it was your sample? Blood sugar test gets done in front of you and your urine is flushed in front of you.

Yes I was brought back, had to empty my pockets lift up my pant legs. Give a sample, it was split in 2 then had to initial each then sign the paper saying it was my sample... Every other time it was just pee in this cup and hand it back.

So it occurred to me there's a key word in article 28 section 2... Illegal. Greens legal where I live. How was I supposed to know the whole federal vs state deal? Anyone think that argument would hold up during panel?

PT Car Washer

You peed hot and admitted to using illegal drugs and being under the influence while at work. Do you think you will get your job back? We did have a Feeder driver that peed hot and was given a second chance after going through treatment. Unfortunately UPS would not give her a third chance.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Just out of curiosity and laziness,

As package car driver besides 3 trained supervisors observing strange behavior (is this right?), what kind of accident or injury allows a DOT drug test?

It is 2 trained sups, not 3.

National Master

Article 35

Section 3.9 Post-Accident Drug Testing

DOT mandated drivers will be required to submit to a drug test after
a DOT defined serious accident, which is one in which:

1. There is a fatality, or;

2. A citation is issued and there is bodily injury to a person who, as
a result of the injury, receives immediate medical treatment away
from the scene of the accident, or;

3. A citation is issued and one (1) or more motor vehicles incur disabling
damage as a result of the accident requiring a vehicle to be
transported away from the scene by a tow truck or other vehicle.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't think you read it. He wasn't supposed to be tested for cocaine, but they did it "on accident".

Read it again.

They can test for cocaine, but it is not banned in out of competition. They took no action because of the test result. The problem with this story is that they released the results.

"Goodman argued the NSAC shouldn’t have released the results of Jones’ failed test or “other confidential medical information” on the fighter’s “T levels” to the media because they did not represent doping violations."

box_beeyotch

I still say entrapment. Whether or not you get your job back is up to UPS and DOT...Whether or not it will hold up in a court of law as a test being administered without written consent is another. I'd sue.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your still wet behind the ears how would you know.

Even a bat could "see" how messed up it is to work with this company. I've never worked anywhere else and heard the boss say how terrible their employees' jobs are; yet still has the audacity to expect them to bust their butts. But what the hell, I could care less about you guys. You guys can do what you want to your one another. I will be out the door when I get my degree. I'm just sucking this company's tuition reimbursement dry.