Termination Due to Unreported Accident

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait?! There was no property damage but the customer called in a concern to make sure the driver or vehicle was ok?

You asked for the definition of an unreported accident----9 times out of 10 the only way mgt finds out is when the customer calls in a concern.

In this particular case there was no property damage (the stump remained intact) or customer concern-----there was damage to the package car which she did not report to mgt.

You asked for the definition of an unreported accident----9 times out of 10 the only way mgt finds out is when the customer calls in a concern.

In this particular case there was no property damage (the stump remained intact) or customer concern-----there was damage to the package car which she did not report to mgt.

I asked for the definition of a unreported accident and gave examples. Instead of trying to get our opinions from us guessing what happened just give the details and we'll go from there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I understand she drove down a driveway and when she went to turn around she got a little too close to the tree stump which messed up the track on the passenger door of the PC.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah but how do you let an unreported accident go by the wayside?
By accident are we talking broken mirror here? I mean there are plenty of things now considered accidents that once weren't.

Edit. Just read the rest of the thread. I've heard messing up the track on a door to the point it no longer works is not a cheap fix.

Future

Victory Ride
Had a young driver get fired yesterday(seniority about1year) He got into 2 accidents within a 2 month period. I am not up to date on whether this is normal procedure. Any insight?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Our car wash guys routinely jack up our trucks when moving them around. Also some drivers will scratch up against trucks when trying to pull out...

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app
I ask them to ask the night shifters not to park our trucks so close, they do not communicate. So when my truck is parked too close, I let a sup move it, after that they communicate much better.

Future

Victory Ride
I ask them to ask the night shifters not to park our trucks so close, they do not communicate. So when my truck is parked too close, I let a sup move it, after that they communicate much better.
A few of us on my belt line do the same thing,they re park our trucks so tight you cant fit a fart between them. Then on occasion you go to your truck in the morn, to get ready for the day and one of your mirrors is broken.......Mad scramble to find a mechanic....total BS!!!

C

chuchu

Honesty and dishonesty have rewards and those rewards can be long term issues.

Every employee should be treated the same especially if dishonesty is involved.

"Had or should have had knowlege of" is plain.

Dishonest acts USED TO mean sudden death at UPS.
Now, it's who is right not what is right.
That opens the door pretty wide for discrimination litigation...and other unprofessional things to occur.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My, oh my. Pot meet kettle. But this thread isn't the Upstate/407 cage match, so maybe the two of you can create such a thing or Hoaxster can when he rolls on in. Anyway back on topic, eh?

Sounds good to me.

Talked to her last night. She has written a letter which the shop steward has forwarded to our BA. She is hoping that the center manager will review the incident and reduce the termination to a two week unpaid suspension. She is a good employee who made a mistake.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds good to me.

Talked to her last night. She has written a letter which the shop steward has forwarded to our BA. She is hoping that the center manager will review the incident and reduce the termination to a two week unpaid suspension. She is a good employee who made a mistake.
I think if the center manager is smart and has the discretion to do so, he will

Squint

No more work for me!
The company has certainly changed over time. When we used to fuel our own cars after each day there were part-timers working at the pumps who would have a can of brown paint with a brush at the ready. While refueling, we would point out offending scratches and such that happened before our day caused by lineups or during our day. It was well known and accepted by management and was taken care of right then and there with a few quick brush strokes.