Termination Due to Unreported Accident

upschuck

Had one of our major runner/gunners not report an accident last November in my center. Was off for about two weeks and was supposed to go to panel on Wednesday, December 4th. We were extremely short of drivers due to bad weather setbacks and injuries. He was called into work on Tuesday December 3rd and granted his job back without a panel decision.
There is a posting now on UPSers.com highlighting the drivers who delivered more than 400 stops per day in our district and his name was mentioned for 5 different days.
Last three drivers in my center prior to this one were terminated at panel, but they were some of the least best in terms of production.
Double standards anyone?
BA says this will send one hell of a precedent for future nonreports.
Goes to prove that their ethics/integrity are all situational. Labor would of had to sign off on that, I would think.

Cementups

Box Monkey
At ups, being truthful could also be giving management the rope they need to hang you with...

In my experience I've seen telling the truth and being upfront when questioned helping you way more than hurting you. Even if you did wrong, the truth is always the best option. And yes, I know this from personal experience as well.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In my experience I've seen telling the truth and being upfront when questioned helping you way more than hurting you. Even if you did wrong, the truth is always the best option. And yes, I know this from personal experience as well.
Cement...I'm not disagreeing with you. After getting caught and fired for a cardinal sin....I honestly don't know what would be the best course of action.

Cementups

Box Monkey
well, tell the truth and get slapped on the wrist. Lie and get caught telling the lie and the punishment is usually much worse.

In this case I would just say the driver in question could admit to being scared of repercussions. Ignorance sometimes can get you pretty far too. ;)

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Upststate- is she the only women driver in your building? Maybe she can go with, she isn't treated fairly route. If she has no other choice. Last resort. Safety awards mean nothing people. Report it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Like I said. I agree. I really have alot of respect for you lady drivers. Especially as you get older. Our last lady. Retired with about 20 yrs. Her body just couldn't do it anymore. I'm 6'4. 230 lbs. I hope to make it in my rat race. I just want to retire without major physical problems.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Like I said. I agree. I really have alot of respect for you lady drivers. Especially as you get older. Our last lady. Retired with about 20 yrs. Her body just couldn't do it anymore. I'm 6'4. 230 lbs. I hope to make it in my rat race. I just want to retire without major physical problems.
To clarify, I'm a loader not a driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am 6' and 165 lbs. It's all about the methods.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Found out today she will be getting her job back tomorrow morning. Two weeks off, time served suspension, no back pay.

Also found out that she did nearly $3,500 worth of damage to the pkg car.