Termination for posting on youtube or facebook

Nox

You work for UPS you have to follow there rules you are not suppose to take pictures on property.

Management or you can taking pictures on some else property sense you or management work for UPS and not the other company there isn't much the other company can do to you. However they could get kick you off that property. Of course government run facilities might have rules prohibiting photo in that case you could be arrested.

You would have to be an idiot to post any pictures/ video taken inside or on a UPS facility online.

Management or you can taking pictures on some else property sense you or management work for UPS... What does that mean? Wow.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not just Facebook. I have been pulled in the office for things I have posted HERE on BrownCafe.
Simple fact.

Watch what you say, stay anonymous, UPS is watching.

Just curious, since we have similar policies. How does UPS even know who you are unless you identify your center, fellow employees, and/or relate stories that are a giveaway as to who you are? Your location simply says "North New England". Have you revealed your identity in the past or somehow compromised your anonymity?

From what I've seen, The BrownCafe goes to great lengths to ensure it is not associated with UPS in any way. Your opinions should be somewhat safe unless you divulge information the company deems proprietary.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just curious, since we have similar policies. How does UPS even know who you are unless you identify your center, fellow employees, and/or relate stories that are a giveaway as to who you are? Your location simply says "North New England". Have you revealed your identity in the past or somehow compromised your anonymity?

From what I've seen, The BrownCafe goes to great lengths to ensure it is not associated with UPS in any way. Your opinions should be somewhat safe unless you divulge information the company deems proprietary.

There was a thread a while back called "Where is my DIAD?" in which a member took pictures while on the clock which featured his DIAD. I am not sure if the thread is still online but the first thought I got from the thread is that he was asking for trouble, which he did end up receiving.

Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say face to face.

Johney

There was a thread a while back called "Where is my DIAD?" in which a member took pictures while on the clock which featured his DIAD. I am not sure if the thread is still online but the first thought I got from the thread is that he was asking for trouble, which he did end up receiving.

Didn't that person also put his name up and his face? It was obvious who he was and where he worked.

over9five

Staff member

Upstate has answered you talking about someone else, not me.

I had most definitely compromised my identity, but it had nothing to do with pictures.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Me!
Didn't that person also put his name up and his face? It was obvious who he was and where he worked.
Me! Me!
Yeah--he also put pictures of his children, house, dog, car, on-car, pkg car, FedEx truck, etc., online.
As I said, he was basically asking for trouble.
Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, etc...

For those of you who ABSOLUTELY need to see that particular thread, here it is.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/where-oh-where-my-diad-213286/

menotyou

bella amicizia
Steve is my hero! If they want to come on here and read what I write, get annoyed by it and pull me into the office, WOOHOO!!!! Fun time in the hot city tonite!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Steve is my hero! If they want to come on here and read what I write, get annoyed by it and pull me into the office, WOOHOO!!!! Fun time in the hot city tonite!!!
I past anonymous a long time ago. I have said nothing here that I would not say to their faces, or have said already.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I found out a month or so ago that someone is watching what I post on FB. One night I popped a zit that was right on my elbow and it got a bit infected. On my way to work the next day I posted up on FB "Heading to work but don't want to. A wee bit sick and think I may have an infection in my elbow. Hurts like a mother!!!". Within 5 minutes my center manager called me and asked if I was coming to work. I said yes and asked why. He told me he was told that someone saw on Facebook that I had an infection in my elbow and wanted to make sure I was going to make it in or if I needed covered. I told him if I was going to miss work I would have called him myself much earlier and not on my way in. He wouldn't tell me who told him so I am only to assume that UPS has someone watching my Facebook page as well as many others.

over9five

Staff member
I found out a month or so ago that someone is watching what I post on FB. One night I popped a zit that was right on my elbow and it got a bit infected. On my way to work the next day I posted up on FB "Heading to work but don't want to. A wee bit sick and think I may have an infection in my elbow. Hurts like a mother!!!". Within 5 minutes my center manager called me and asked if I was coming to work. I said yes and asked why. He told me he was told that someone saw on Facebook that I had an infection in my elbow and wanted to make sure I was going to make it in or if I needed covered. I told him if I was going to miss work I would have called him myself much earlier and not on my way in. He wouldn't tell me who told him so I am only to assume that UPS has someone watching my Facebook page as well as many others.
Be sure of it.