Termination for posting on youtube or facebook

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont give my name out on Brown Cafe but I also make no real effort to conceal anything either. There is nothing in the contract that allows the company to discipline me for legal activities that occur on my own time, and if management does not like my opinions they are free to stop reading them. I show up to work on time, every day, clean and sober and I dont lie or cheat or steal anything. I do the job correctly and safely. Whatever I choose to post on Brown Cafe is irrelevant in terms of my job security or lack thereof.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Unfortunately sober you can be held accountable for libel for things you post on the internet. Unless you are 110% percent accurate about things you post and can back the words you publish, there are possible legal ramifications. Even though you intend your words to only be seen by the people who are members on this board, you never know who can or will read what is posted on here and can be translated as defamation. Even if the defendant contends that the communication was a joke, if one person other than the plaintiff took it seriously, the communication is considered defamatory.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have never phrased anything I have said here, as far as my being injured, in terms of being a joke. I believe, with every fiber of my being, that a certain group of sups took it upon themselves to intentionally injure- not just me- certain employees they could not get rid of through warning letters. We never recieved a warning letter that stuck. Now, should someone want to pull me into court over this, my attorney will subpoena every employee that we had during that time frame. I highly doubt any of this would ever occur, as I am right-I believe. They would end up cutting a fat check as this would end up in civil court. "more likely that not" applies there.Now, Nancy/Suze can come along and spout his/her vitriol all it wants. I stand by every word I have posted here and/or anywhere else on this forum/in real life.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't due FB, but I thought only your friends see what you post there. If so one of Cements friends is a RAT.

Your privacy on Facebook is elective. I DO allow my Facebook page to be public, though I have thought about changing it. Even if you are not on Facebook you could come in as a visitor and view my information. I have nothing to hide so no real reason to make it private.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I found out a month or so ago that someone is watching what I post on FB. One night I popped a zit that was right on my elbow and it got a bit infected. On my way to work the next day I posted up on FB "Heading to work but don't want to. A wee bit sick and think I may have an infection in my elbow. Hurts like a mother!!!". Within 5 minutes my center manager called me and asked if I was coming to work. I said yes and asked why. He told me he was told that someone saw on Facebook that I had an infection in my elbow and wanted to make sure I was going to make it in or if I needed covered. I told him if I was going to miss work I would have called him myself much earlier and not on my way in. He wouldn't tell me who told him so I am only to assume that UPS has someone watching my Facebook page as well as many others.
I smell a rat!

Your privacy on Facebook is elective. I DO allow my Facebook page to be public, though I have thought about changing it. Even if you are not on Facebook you could come in as a visitor and view my information. I have nothing to hide so no real reason to make it private.
Hey, I only allow people I know/trust, into my facebook world. Oh, and if you have liked the UPS facebook page, unlike it, FAST, because that, is asking for IT.

NI3

It sounds reasonable depending on what you posted. It's not about Facebook. It's that someone dug himself into a hole posting clear and convincing you did something you shouldn't like taking pictures where you shouldn't or allowing such pictures to be posted through your account.

Students have gotten in trouble with the Dean's office and there are cases of people getting alcohol charges because of Facebook evidence. Facebook fueled the fire, but if the said conduct didn't ever happen, they wouldn't have been in trouble.

I think Facebook is horribly invasive of your privacy. I disabled my account a long time ago because of it. It's hard to figure out how privacy settings actually play out.

Say you have a picture of drinking party. If you "tag" someone, that person can see it. Even if you intended on just having him see it, his privacy settings may allow friends to see pictures he's tagged in.

If there are other people in that picture and he's the kind of people who add a ton of people, this opens up a lot of door to invasion.

They change that thing so freaking often its hard to keep up to date on all the privacy settings. So I just chose to close down my account.

Indecisi0n

It sounds reasonable depending on what you posted. It's not about Facebook. It's that someone dug himself into a hole posting clear and convincing you did something you shouldn't like taking pictures where you shouldn't or allowing such pictures to be posted through your account.

Students have gotten in trouble with the Dean's office and there are cases of people getting alcohol charges because of Facebook evidence. Facebook fueled the fire, but if the said conduct didn't ever happen, they wouldn't have been in trouble.

I think Facebook is horribly invasive of your privacy. I disabled my account a long time ago because of it. It's hard to figure out how privacy settings actually play out.

Say you have a picture of drinking party. If you "tag" someone, that person can see it. Even if you intended on just having him see it, his privacy settings may allow friends to see pictures he's tagged in.

If there are other people in that picture and he's the kind of people who add a ton of people, this opens up a lot of door to invasion.

They change that thing so freaking often its hard to keep up to date on all the privacy settings. So I just chose to close down my account.

Whats your twitter?