Termination Help

Already

I have a friend who was terminated today for failure to report an accident. The problem is when they came back from
Their route during their walk around they noticed some paint chip so they wrote it up. They came in the next day and was called in the office for an accident. They had no idea anything happened and still don't even understand. They drive through a lot of low areas and country roads with tree branches and large trees everywhere that may have scraped the truck but nothing out of the norm . They know this but still terminate the employee. What chance does he have in getting his job back. It's like they want him to confess to something he doesn't even know how it happen or if it was even him and they don't either. It seems like they want someone to blame. I wish I could help him but I was hoping to get advice here. Thanks

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have a friend who was terminated today for failure to report an accident. The problem is when they came back from
Their route during their walk around they noticed some paint chip so they wrote it up. They came in the next day and was called in the office for an accident. They had no idea anything happened and still don't even understand. They drive through a lot of low areas and country roads with tree branches and large trees everywhere that may have scraped the truck but nothing out of the norm . They know this but still terminate the employee. What chance does he have in getting his job back. It's like they want him to confess to something he doesn't even know how it happen or if it was even him and they don't either. It seems like they want someone to blame. I wish I could help him but I was hoping to get advice here. Thanks

What did you hit?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Exactly how big was the paint chip that was missing?

Already

Nothing -probably some tree branches brushed the top of the truck but nothing at all happen. The branches from those areas always brush the top but he said nothing else happen

Already

Exactly how big was the paint chip that was missing?
Small a small area on the top of the truck looked like some paint was chipped in that area size of a wallet or smaller - looks scrape but once they shows pics it looks like something dug on the truck and they are saying he should of heard something but he didn't hear anything out of the norm

JL 0513

Why would he write up a paint chip? Our PC's are so banged up you'd never notice a minor accident ever happened to any car in our fleet.

Getting fired for this is BS. There's no proof of him having the "accident".

Already

If that's what really happened then I don't see the termination sticking. Good luck :)
Thanks yeah I was thinking the same thing but I don't even understand how you can charge someone with an accident that may have never happen if the top of a truck was scraped and no one knows what happen and the driver didn't notice anything out of the norm but I've seen a lot happen that I don't understand . Thanks though

Already

Why would he write up a paint chip? Our PC's are so banged up you'd never notice a minor accident ever happened to any car in our fleet.

Getting fired for this is BS. There's no proof of him having the "accident".
Yeah I would not have wrote it up either because being honest doesn't pay off. Once the mechanic looked at it he says something may have dug in it and they feel like he should of heard something but he didn't hear anything out of the norm. He hears branches everyday but that's the norm for the area he's in

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Small a small area on the top of the truck looked like some paint was chipped in that area size of a wallet or smaller - looks scrape but once they shows pics it looks like something dug on the truck and they are saying he should of heard something but he didn't hear anything out of the norm

Was it a scrape or a whole (sic) punched in the roof of the package car. If it was big enough for him to notice during a post trip inspection, then it was probably a good sized hole

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Alright so we went from a small chip, to wallet sized or "smaller".

Already

Was it a scrape or a whole (sic) punched in the roof of the package car. If it was big enough for him to notice during a post trip inspection, then it was probably a good sized hole
It's not a hole he says but a part of the top it looks like it chipped off. He's kind of new so he writes up everything. He says if he gets his job back he just will not deliver in those areas because you can't avoid those trees and that's the only way it could of happen if it even happen with him. It's a lot of money to lose.

Already

Alright so we went from a small chip, to wallet sized or "smaller".
Well I keep asking for an example he just keep saying small so I said brick and he said no so I said Wallet and he said yeah maybe but it was small. I've known him for years and he's pretty honest if he knew how it happen he would of said it or reported it when it happen And he thought nothing of it when he wrote it up. It could of went un noticed. He had no idea that what transpired next would happen

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Well I keep asking for an example he just keep saying small so I said brick and he said no so I said Wallet and he said yeah maybe but it was small. I've known him for years and he's pretty honest if he knew how it happen he would of said it or reported it when it happen And he thought nothing of it when he wrote it up. It could of went un noticed. He had no idea that what transpired next would happen
Sorry, I just find it hard to believe he would get fired over a small paint chip. He either had a target on his back for something else or he's saying it's smaller than it actually is.