termination......possibly?

Grouchy

Hi guys,

Ive been working at my center since late august(preload) of this year. About a week ago I overslept and missed my first day (no call no show)....however, today I called in sick because I woke up drenched in sweat and a fever out of this world. I should also add that my misloads and load quality have improved tremendously since I started. Oh and I've never gotten a warning letter either. But I'm just wondering if I do miss another day should I be worried about possible termination?

hope you guys can help

Nope you need to get yourself a contract and your business agents phone number. Where I'm at you can have 6 occurrences in a nine month period. Try and go to work and keep your occursences down.

stink219

You need to find out what past practices are. In my bldg, we have drivers that have missed over 40+ sick calls and 80 total days with minimal discipline. We also have a few that were going to get terminated for excessive absenteeism for missing 10 days. You cannot single out one employee over others. Equal treatment for all. My defense was past practices. You will be fine trust me. If not, contact me, I'll write your grievances.

UPSGUY72

Next time you over sleep make sure you call in when you get up even if it's after your start time. No need to worry about calling in just don't make a habit of it (ie every week, or other week, or just on Fridays or Mondays )

Get a better alarm clock...

The only time I calling in are if my kids are sick and we can't find a baby sitter or it's the Friday before I go on Vacation. But I give them a weeks notice of that call in I tell them the Friday before that I need next Friday off either your giving it to me or I'm calling in. That way it's not a surprise and they can plan if they can't put my name on the board because they already have a couple of people taking that day.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
A no call is the same attendance occurance as being 1 second late. Also if you dont call in an hour prior to your start time it goes down as a no call. Attendance policies vary so you need to talk to your local steward, however you cannot be terminated without a warning letter, unless you have 3 consecutive no calls/

Grouchy

Thanks for all the feedback.

Much Appreciated.

I should also add, that I currently get paid 8.50/hr as preload.....when will I be due a raise?

Oh, I'm from Illinois btw

union4life

Much Appreciated.

I should also add, that I currently get paid 8.50/hr as preload.....when will I be due a raise?

Been a long time since I looked at the part-time language but I think it is something like this

90 calendar days
1 year
2 years
3 years

Hi guys,

Ive been working at my center since late august(preload) of this year. About a week ago I overslept and missed my first day (no call no show)....however, today I called in sick because I woke up drenched in sweat and a fever out of this world. I should also add that my misloads and load quality have improved tremendously since I started. Oh and I've never gotten a warning letter either. But I'm just wondering if I do miss another day should I be worried about possible termination?

hope you guys can help
I once went to work for a week with phenomena. Man up and be your grandfather. Pick it up

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Much Appreciated.

Spending my vacation is Illinois. You from north central or southern area.