Termination Question

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He probably sheeted an EAM in the building so it wouldn't show up late, claimed he was "working as directed" only to have his on-car deny ever giving that directive.

73314i.jpg

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
I suspect that the union has told the driver that he/she does not have a case that the term will stick and there is no point fighting it.

Stonefish

I suspect that the union has told the driver that he/she does not have a case that the term will stick and there is no point fighting it.
It amazes me how people assume the union said something without any facts. He/she still has the right to file a grievance and due process.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The only thing the Local should do.... is explain the options.

Let the member decide.

Anything else.... is asking for Labor Board charges.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Explain how he hasn't a leg to stand on anymore most likely.

BUG is right---the union should tell the member what their options are and that failure to do so could lead to NLRB charges for poor representation.

I also agree that they should give the member an honest assessment of their case.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Explain how he hasn't a leg to stand on anymore most likely.

If an Officer or Agent of the Local....

Wants to relate "similar" cases and their outcome.... OK.

But you never.... ever.... try and dissuade someone, from protesting a termination.

They have 6 months to file Labor Board charges. And once they can't get another job....

-Bug-

UPSGUY72

If an Officer or Agent of the Local....

Wants to relate "similar" cases and their outcome.... OK.

But you never.... ever.... try and dissuade someone, from protesting a termination.

They have 6 months to file Labor Board charges. And once they can't get another job....

-Bug-

I agree.

JackStraw

He probably sheeted an EAM in the building so it wouldn't show up late, claimed he was "working as directed" only to have his on-car deny ever giving that directive.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Same thing happened in my center. Except the sup didn't recall okaying it. Driver got fired. He got his job back, but from now on, he does nothing dishonest and takes his medicine when he has to.

Non sequitur

I will try to contact driver on Monday. I was concerned that once the 10 days had elapsed without grieving the termination they would be sh-t out of luck.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
How many years did he have in? I hate when people ask a question. Then leave us hanging. File,file,file. Steward should have done it for him, to just sign.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Dishonesty.......question , which is more dishonest, sheeting a package early or signing Diad yourself for a sig required pkg. (which I would never do) which you have openly stated you have done on multiple occasions?????:beafraid: