Termination Question

barnyard

KTM rider
But you never.... ever.... try and dissuade someone, from protesting a termination.

-Bug-

I did not know that. I have always thought it was odd when a grievance was presented that had absolutely no chance of winning. I did not know that if the member filed, the union had to follow through. Good to know and important to understand.

In my building, I have seen a couple of firings and in the instances where the driver wanted his job back, the grievance was written and signed before the end of business that day.

Mack Grant

Maybe the driver was working while on lunch? Who knows?
Judging from the OP's posts and responses from other members here it reads to me like this driver, who has a history of unsafe driving, was in an accident and didn't report.
If the local has stated that they have washed their hands of this person, that means they have come to an agreement with local management personnel that they won't try to reinstate this driver. These types never get their jobs back from what I've seen in 7+ years, ever.

Non sequitur

Maybe. Thats up to the driver to decide now. Believe me, I thought it was a long shot they would be back. Cover your -ss if you know what i'm saying.