Termination

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hello what the hell is a safety captain.

41797_20389783377_1028482_n.jpg
41797_20389783377_1028482_n.jpg

JonFrum

Usually one person loads a trailer. Sometimes two people. If three load a trailer, two are loading, and the third is just scanning all the packages for the two loaders. The third guy can't load into the wall because there is no place for him to stand. The other two guys and the roller/conveyor take up all the trailer width.

If we are talking about a typical flat floor trailer with an Extendo or nesting (TOFC) rollers down the center, where are the other two employees standing? What are they to do?

Because the Extendo is adjusted frequently there is a danger that it will be lowered onto one of the fifty toes in the trailer. I'm told it hurts a really, really lot!!!

Last edited:

Re-Raise

Usually one person loads a trailer. Sometimes two people. If three load a trailer, two are loading, and the third is just scanning all the packages for the two loaders. The third guy can't load into the wall because there is no place for him to stand. The other two guys and the roller/conveyor take up all the trailer width.

If we are talking about a typical flat floor trailer with an Extendo or nesting (TOFC) rollers down the center, where are the other two employees standing? What are they to do?

Because the Extendo is adjusted frequently there is a danger that it will be lowered onto one of the fifty toes in the trailer. I'm told it hurts a really, really lot!!!

Sounds pretty damn easy to me. If they want me to stand next to the guy working, I will stand next to the guy working.

leia

Future son in law /QUOTE]
Longfellow wrote "The Courtship of Miles Standish", John Alden proposed to Priscilla Mullins on behalf of Standish and she replied, "Why don't you speak for yourself, John?"
My question is why are you asking the questions?
A future mother-in-law asking, on behalf of a future son-in-law, and throwing into the mix a pregnant daughter?
Your "maybe" son-in-law should be the one to ask for advice in this forum.
Why doesn't your daughters "John" speak for himself?
I thought that once he said, "will you marry me" to my daughter that gave me the RIGHT to get in the middle of his stuff. JUST KIDDING. I have 15 years with the Teamsters and last I looked this is a "opinion" sight and that is what I was looking for. I didn't even know this sight was out there. Someone on Truckerboard suggested it and I appreciated it.

Re-Raise

Leia I believe this post is a good place for your son in law to start.

His best defense for refusing to work as directed is for him to say that he thought it would put them in an unsafe situation.

You can't just refuse because it is a stupid idea, but he may be able to argue some of the points made in this post about the safety of 5 people loading the same trailer.

Good luck to him.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Need representation?

Of course the other thing it could have been was to have a son..........

THen again, call me old fashioned, but have a son with your daughter, and he is your FUTURE son-in-law????

d

C

chuchu

I thought that once he said, "will you marry me" to my daughter that gave me the RIGHT to get in the middle of his stuff. JUST KIDDING. I have 15 years with the Teamsters and last I looked this is a "opinion" sight and that is what I was looking for. I didn't even know this sight was out there. Someone on Truckerboard suggested it and I appreciated it.
If he hasn't received the termination ltr within 10 days of the date he was taken out of service for "WHATEVER HE SUPPOSEDLY DID"??????? he'll get his job back unless it was an infraction under ART 17.I. Make sure he reads that and has the BA get ahold of the Labor Mgr and clear this up. If he felt he was genuinely was putting himself or others at risk in a safety issue he has the right to refuse the order of ANY supervisor at any level.

He had better have every detail in this Art 18 issue covered because sometimes the BAs s u c k and he'll be fighting both sides. If it can't be resolved at a local hearing make SURE he gets it "dead locked" to a state panel.

If he wants OSHA to jump on board he will have to WRITE AND SIGN a letter to the closest governing OSHA office and they will come into the building where he works and kick some tail if he has a valid issue. There is a 'WHISTLEBLOWER" AGENT IN THE OSHA OFFICE and he may want to have a little talk with that person. UPS's attys don't like that option.

If he wins in the OSHA arena after UPS refuses to reinstate him and "make him whole" he'll probably get enough $$$$$$$$$$$ to buy some gold plated Huggies for the baby.

If you are right, don't give up. If you are wrong, plead for mercy. I don't believe UPS wants to keep training new hires-especially pt timers-it is too costly. If the sup is a jerk he'll probably be the sacrifice to get OSHA off the company's back.

Sounds like your son-in-law at least has some back bone! P.S./Maybe the other 4 guys don't wear deoderant. That would fall under Art 18 in the summer....or biohaz maybe?>LOL

Last edited by a moderator: