Terrible first day

T

Turdferguson

If this is in the wrong area, I apologize. Hopefully a moderator can move it to the correct area.

I just got hired on as a loader. Spent half of the shift in a classroom. As our trainer is guiding us to the work floor, guys are yelling "fresh meat on the line" and some guy shoulder checked me. Felt like I just came to a new prison.
So I get introduced to a sup, he tells me to pack this cart and bring it to the p42 belt on the other side of the warehouse. He didn't even show me where it is. So I start to push the cart, (while looking for this p42 belt) and the people driving those little cars were basically cutting me off. I had to stand there and wait while they did there thing so I could get by.
After that, I was instructed to stand there in front of the belt and make sure the boxes don't get stuck. There were no boxes getting stuck. A worker told me "we don't need someone clearing the belt, do some work". I'm just doing what the supervisor told me...Then a different loader scowled at me and said something. So I stood there doing a job that didn't need to be done for the rest of the shift . I worked 6 hours so I'm pretty sure that's overtime for a part time worker , at least there's that. I don't think I'm going to stay , anyone have any advice ?

You don't know what it's like in the stir man. UPS is nothing like the stir

T

Turdferguson

Have someone duct tape some phone books to you body under your shirt. It will deflect most homemade shanks

BrownBrokeDown

Here it is paid at the normal rate.

Not everybody in a trailer needs a scanner. You can easily do one person scans, the other stacks, or you just leave the scanner on the last packaged scan and alternate.

Don't ask them what you should do. Ask them if they want help and then help them.
We've had multiple supervisors through the years require everyone in a load to have a scanner so nothing gets loaded without being scanned by accident. Even had one put 3 in load, one at front scanning as stuff came in (was not an audit but scanning into load), other 2 loading but had to rescan before they loaded. Don't know how that was supposed to be faster lol.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We've had multiple supervisors through the years require everyone in a load to have a scanner so nothing gets loaded without being scanned by accident. Even had one put 3 in load, one at front scanning as stuff came in (was not an audit but scanning into load), other 2 loading but had to rescan before they loaded. Don't know how that was supposed to be faster lol.
That is ridiculous. We have 1 scanner a trailer.