Terrible Threads

over9five

Staff member
The personal attacks do ruin a site. It doesn't take too long for a new person reading this forum to figure out who the bullies and jerks are.

Agreed. I think most new people must get turned off REAL QUICKLY after reading just a few threads.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You are right, the thread topics have gone to Hell with personal attacks against other members. What are some of these threads are doing in the "UPS Discussion Forum", much less on this site? The mod staff seems to be overwhelmed and understaffed since a certained unnamed moderator resigned. :dissapointed:

The personal attacks do ruin a site. It doesn't take too long for a new person reading this forum to figure out who the bullies and jerks are.
So should we move them to the can?

curiousbrain

Agreed. I think most new people must get turned off REAL QUICKLY after reading just a few threads.

It's like that on most forums, though. I frequent academic forums from time to time, and even there it occasionally devolves into " ... any idiot knows the confabulator is a dimensionless quantity" or what not. Point being, it is certainly not a phenomenon specific to BC.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are a couple of posters in particular who keep arguing and name-calling with one another over petty personal issues that ought to be resolved via PM. Its none of my business and I really dont care either way what their deal is, but after awhile it does get irritating to have to keep scrolling past all of that crap in order to find the posts that are actually on-topic for the thread. There have been a couple of occasions when people who dont agree with me want to start stuff like that, but 99% of the time I refuse to participate and eventually they go away.

over9five

Staff member
It's like that on most forums, though. I frequent academic forums from time to time, and even there it occasionally devolves into " ... any idiot knows the confabulator is a dimensionless quantity" or what not. Point being, it is certainly not a phenomenon specific to BC.

But I think BC is of a much higher caliber than the average forum.

Just not lately...

menotyou

bella amicizia
There are a couple of posters in particular who keep arguing and name-calling with one another over petty personal issues that ought to be resolved via PM. Its none of my business and I really dont care either way what their deal is, but after awhile it does get irritating to have to keep scrolling past all of that crap in order to find the posts that are actually on-topic for the thread. There have been a couple of occasions when people who dont agree with me want to start stuff like that, but 99% of the time I refuse to participate and eventually they go away.
I have a feeling I might be one of these people. If that is the case, I apologize for offending anyone. PM's are what started it. I have no interest in receiving anymore. It is hard to describe to one that isn't affected by personal attacks, how it does affect me. I ABSOLUTELY no interest in airing dirty laundry in public. Yet, when someone incessantly attacks your personal character by questioning your credibility, it hurts. Maybe, it wouldn't hurt you, but it does me. I am sorry to any and all who have been subjected to my dirty laundry.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So should we move them to the can?

Maybe we should move some to the mod trash can or lock them.

Probably the best tactic for certain members would be to just ignore other posts by other members they don't get along with. Why do you give them the attention they want by responding to them? Let them make fools of themselves by playing in the corner with themselves. When you stoop to the same level, you draw the attention they desperately want.

dcdriver

nations capital
this site has gone down hill the past year. Years ago you could get some real info about what is going on with the company. Now it is a bunch of yahoos that complain about UPS all the time. If you hate the company that much just quit.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Probably the best tactic for certain members would be to just ignore other posts by other members they don't get along with. Why do you give them the attention they want by responding to them? Let them make fools of themselves by playing in the corner with themselves. When you stoop to the same level, you draw the attention they desperately want.
I was not offended by anyones postings. If I dont like it I scroll on by. Because of the myriad of complaints, I did send them packing.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
this site has gone down hill the past year. Years ago you could get some real info about what is going on with the company. Now it is a bunch of yahoos that complain about UPS all the time. If you hate the company that much just quit.

I agree.

I love our company.
I am blessed to work for UPS.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Okey dokey. Yes we are all blessed to have a job. We all agree on that. It doesnt matter what company you work for, you will have complaints. And there are tons to read through. Im sure there are large companies who have boards similar to this one, and you will see the same types of complaints, that is all good.

I, and only I have trouble seeing how a person on an internet board, can actually hurt someones feeliings. I mean yes they can insult, and terrorize, but really how does it affect your real life, unless you personally know them?

Just please especially a page (s) devoted to slamming a poster who isnt here anymore. I see other threads that should have been taken down, but they are older, and not drawing much attention. As a moderator, love me or hate me, doesnt matter to me, I am trying to keep the site friendly, informative, and funny. God knows the rest of our lives are not monitored that way. So take advantage of an attack free zone.

old levi's

blank space

Hey scratch, Did you mean with themselves or by themselves? (big difference):wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hey scratch, Did you mean with themselves or by themselves? (big difference):wink2:

With some of these people, its means the same thing both ways.:peaceful:

One of the best ways to deal with cyber bullies is to just ignore them...........they don't get the thrill they seek of upsetting somebody else.

I have a feeling I might be one of these people. If that is the case, I apologize for offending anyone. PM's are what started it. I have no interest in receiving anymore. It is hard to describe to one that isn't affected by personal attacks, how it does affect me. I ABSOLUTELY no interest in airing dirty laundry in public. Yet, when someone incessantly attacks your personal character by questioning your credibility, it hurts. Maybe, it wouldn't hurt you, but it does me. I am sorry to any and all who have been subjected to my dirty laundry.

You can still air out the lacy,see thru stuff if you want. Don`t let us stop you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When you are in the same local, who knows what damage could be done. That's all I'm saying. And, yes, I am sick of discussing this.

soberups

.... when someone incessantly attacks your personal character by questioning your credibility, it hurts. Maybe, it wouldn't hurt you, but it does me......

It is human nature to be hurt by personal attacks. It is human nature to be concerned with how we are perceived by others. Human nature is nothing to apologize for.

The challenge...is to adopt the mental discipline to remember the fact that other people's opinions of us are none of our business.

Another thing to remember is that carrying a resentment against another person is like swallowing poison and then waiting for them to die. Most of the time, I find that its a lot easier and better for my own mental health to just accept the fact that they are going to do what they are going to do.

soberups

I agree.

I love our company.
I am blessed to work for UPS.

Agreed.

However, blind loyalty and unquestioning acceptance of that which is patently wrong or unfair is never in the best interests of a company or another person.

Problems can only be solved by calling attention to them, regardless of who may be offended or disturbed.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Agreed.

However, blind loyalty and unquestioning acceptance of that which is patently wrong or unfair is never in the best interests of a company or another person.

Problems can only be solved by calling attention to them, regardless of who may be offended or disturbed.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Agreed.
This public forum is not the medium I would use to air anything negative.