how about this new board?

• I want the old board back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • where's the spell check?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, do I have this straight? You can't vote for an individual post, only a thread? So if you want to "right on" or "high-five" someone, you have to make a reply, right?

susiedriver

Cheryl,

Is it possible to add a 'cancel post' button down where the 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are that would return you to the thread view?

ok2bclever

I Re Member
moreluck, You asking me? :D

Well, in case you are, you can vote on an entire thread or an individual comment.

The thread is pretty obvious and it sounds like you have noticed that one.

To vote on a comment you click on the Scales icon to the right and you get a choice of approve or disapprove of the particular posting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ok2be...thanks. I'm just not one to click on things when I don't know what they are. I see scales and I figure that's for ordering drugs. Now I know better thanks to you.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Me on the other hand, was considered the neighborhood terror, although I personally thought of myself as the intrepid explorer (mmm, not in those exact words of course) from age three on for getting into anything anything not locked down tight. :p

Not to mention with a birthday in October I cannot resist scales. ;)

roach

WGASA(Google It):>)
susiedriver said:
Cheryl,

Is it possible to add a 'cancel post' button down where the 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are that would return you to the thread view?

If you decide not to submit your reply, simply go to the top of the page and "click" on the link for that thread - it will automatically take you back.

ok2bclever -
So where is this spell checker you mentioned?

It's at the top right of the reply box - (don't know if it works - haven't tried it)

roach

ddomino

Great job Cheryl. I e-mailed my problem. When I returned I hade an e-mail telling me she fixed, and how to use the fix. It worked great. :) :) :D

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
ok2bclever said:
I love the modernization with up to date formatting, etc.

So where is this spell checker you mentioned?
Dang it, I knew you guys would eventually notice the spell check doesn't work...

The module that came with the board program is rather feeble and only works with the latest internet explorer. I'm looking around for another one that will integrate with this program.

If anyone knows of another vbulletin board like this one that uses a spell check system please send me the url. The 2 that I've looked at so far were pretty lame.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Susie,

A "cancel post" button is a good suggestion. I will add that to my list of hacks to be made to the board. Roach's suggestion of clicking the thread link would work just as well, but a button would be more convenient.