Texas driver hurt. What does the union do to help?

sryno

TGIF@1845
Have been injured since 12/20. TIB's or temporary Income Benefits stopped on the 17th of July.. Called Liberty Mutual. Called local and was told to contact Texas Workers Comp Dept.. That didnt help.. Was told by local that they would get back with me.. havent heard anything yet. Does anyone have advice. Ive retained a lawyer and waiting on that too. Just waiting, and thats hard to do when no income is coming.. Thanks in advance..:sick:

bellesmom

My experience with Work Comp is the Union does little to help the employee. Standard answer is "we don't deal with it". In my humble opinion they should have someone knowledgable in WC to help injured employees in their office since they can't really help with medical because of HIPA. Why did your benefits stop? Have you seen the so called Designated Dr and received an MMI which of course is always 0? If this is the case you must appeal with the WC Commission, get a hearing date set and hope your lawyer is good. Best of luck to you as Liberty Mutual and UPS want to make it a battle for you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It sounds to me as though the injury may not have been work related.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Why would the union tell him to contact workers comp if it wasn't work related.

I will agree that there is large collection of facts omitted in the OP.
What I do know is that UPS vehemently fights most comp claims.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why didn't he go on comp on 12/20? Why was he approved for STD rather than comp? The Union has nothing to do with comp.

I still contend this was a non-work related injury.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Have been injured since 12/20. TIB's or temporary Income Benefits stopped on the 17th of July.. Called Liberty Mutual. Called local and was told to contact Texas Workers Comp Dept.. That didnt help.. Was told by local that they would get back with me.. havent heard anything yet. Does anyone have advice. Ive retained a lawyer and waiting on that too. Just waiting, and thats hard to do when no income is coming.. Thanks in advance..:sick:
Union will advise to seek council and prepare for a long, hard fight.

UPSGUY72

If your hurt on the job it's comp. The insurance company wouldn't entertain the claim for STD if you said you got hurt on the job. I would suspect that the injury he suffered is a reoccurring injury that was non job related to start thus he got Short term disability.

The OP should have known when his STD was going to run out and applied for LTD. You and I know that you have to be proactive when you get hurt not reactive. Sounds like the OP is reacting to a situation that should have never been a problem.

As you said the OP has left out a lot of Info... Like when did he get a lawyer ??

Johney

It does say he called Liberty Mutual for answers. If the op was getting checks from them then it would seem to be a w/c injury why else call them?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If you are this forthcoming with info to your Local Union as well, I see exactly why you have gotten no where. How and where were you injured? Were you on short term dissability or work comp? Did you work temporary alternate work or did you decline it? (if work comp). Was an injury report filed with the company if immediatly if it was work related? If not work related, did you fill out all the proper paperwork for std and long term dissability?