Texas vs California

brett636

All states get there money somehow, instead of focusing just on the income tax you should look at the overall tax burden, which includes sales tax, real estate tax, etc. Texas is at 8.4% and California is at 10.5%, so about a 2% actual difference. I don't really want to live in either state for reasons that have nothing to do with the tax rates, but if you held a gun to my head I would probably go with Ca. The difference in tax burden between the states just isn't big enough to be a deciding factor for most people, if it was we'd all be looking for work in Alaska :happy-very:.

If I were opening up a business, and I could open it up anywhere in this country it would be in a state with no income tax. That 2.1% may not mean much to an individual, but to a business that is 2.1% more profit. Businesses mean jobs. Jobs mean economic growth.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
The only thing that keeps California from becoming a 3rd world state is its nice weather. Weather that you can get in states where you will be much more free.

Hawaii?:rofl:

I just got pinhead sized hail and rain here for a whole 3 minutes straight... now some distant thunder...it's a bone chilling 58 degrees at 9:30am....Now it all stopped and the sun is peaking through the clouds....God I hate winter time, and I'm glad it has finally come and gone for the year:happy-very:
Damn, I missed it oh wait it's still a little wet outside!:happy-very:

Pkgrunner....I got 2 drops of rain on my head running into Albertson's. Wow, wicked weather!! lol:wink2:
Did you bring your umbrella?!! We wouldn't want you to wash away in the event of downpour!:surprised:

Be careful out there! I need to go to Costco today; but with this treacherous winter weather, I decided to wait till after lunch to be sure that winter is fully over:happy-very:

Hey I'm going to Costco today too, really! Hope I make it haven't changed my wiper blades since 2005..:funny:

Just think, Over......we can't run and do a belly flopper on our Radio Flyer wooden sleds and go flying down the hill of snow....oh wait, with a little drive, yes we can !! :peaceful:

LOL, sorry Over!:funny:

After we get back from Costco Cheryl and I are heading down to the beach, don't worry we'll bring our laptops!! :beach: