texting

retired2000

ok old timers, remember when the first diad came out and we all told our sups that our thumbs would wear out before the diad did. who would of thought just a few years down the road everyone is doing on their cellphones and their thumbs are just fine.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Actually, there is a medical condition similar to tunnel carpel syndrome. I'm not sure of the name, but I think it has "blackberry" in it. If I send a long message, sometimes I will lay the DIAD down and use my fingers instead of my thumb. That trick keeping the Shift Key in alpha mode is a time saver too.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If I have a bulk stop like Walmart or Home Depot I have to take a break while scanning. My thumb joints ache horribly afterwards, especially after 50 or 100 scans.

I directly attribute the bulky Dad 1 for contributing to my carpel tunnel. My hands at times would get so numb I could`t feel the buttons.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
Actually, there is a medical condition similar to tunnel carpel syndrome. I'm not sure of the name, but I think it has "blackberry" in it. If I send a long message, sometimes I will lay the DIAD down and use my fingers instead of my thumb. That trick keeping the Shift Key in alpha mode is a time saver too.

*rolling eyes* The medical profession has to come up with a name for everything.

Saaga

Driver Helper

Yep, it's called Blackberry thumb.

Saaga

Driver Helper
I directly attribute the bulky Dad 1 for contributing to my carpel tunnel. My hands at times would get so numb I could`t feel the buttons.

Although I was just a driver helper, I remember using the DIAD II during the winter when my hands were either freezing cold or covered in thick gloves. That made pressing the buttons fun!