Texting

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While he's working, or while he's driving? My boss's text me daily and we exchange them routinely. Now, if you are texting WHILE you're driving then you can be fired for being an A-hole

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If they followed the driver around and observed him sitting there and texting instead of working when he was on the clock, he could be fired for stealing time.

gorilla75jdw

He should be fired , if your not using your DIAD for the text with management . I friend your texting on cellphone personally to a friend/family and your dumb enough to tell management you are doing so , you should be fired ,(and get your job back ) , but never admit shyt , and dont get caught .DUHHH !!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call me "old school" but I find it very unprofessional when I see one of my co-workers on their cell phone while making a delivery, bluetooth or handheld. I was on-area Friday and saw the mailman (his mother is a UPSer) holding his cellphone with his right hand while delivering the mail with his left. He would lean his head to the right to cradle the phone while sorting the mail with both hands. He even interacted with a residential customer while still on his phone.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Besides being outright rude, they don't even realize how they are hurting their neck.

It isn't old school, in my opinion. It is merely acting professionally.

packageguy

Can a package car driver get fired for texting while he is driver and i mean multiple texting while hes working?

Yes, for stealing time, and if your supervisors texts you, tell him to send a message in your board, so you can pull over and respond to message. Out by us, we are followed everyday, for safety. They look for one driver and find another doing something wrong.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had an OMS whose son was in the Army and serving in a frontline combat unit in Iraq during the 2003 invasion.

She politely and respectfully informed everyone in the office, as well as the center manager and the DM, that she would be leaving her cell phone turned on in the office during the day and that if she ever got a call from her son during work hours she would be taking the call immediately, and that if anybody had a problem with that fact she would go ahead and quit. Combat troops overseas dont have much control over when or if they are able to make phone calls, so if he got the chance she damn well wanted to hear from him to know that he was OK. There was a rule at the time against using cell phones in the office, but fortunately an exception was made for her.

Her son came home safe. I remember everyone being scared to death on her behalf that she would get called with horrible news, and how grateful we all were to hear when he finally got to come home.

So what to do! If you have the proof in hand from the cell phone bill do you turn it in to management and see what they do with the it. Safety is suppose to be very important to ups i thought. This driver doesn't seem to safe to me

menotyou

bella amicizia
So what to do! If you have the proof in hand from the cell phone bill do you turn it in to management and see what they do with the it. Safety is suppose to be very important to ups i thought. This driver doesn't seem to safe to me
How did you obtain this cell phone bill?

Not really other than i see ups vehicles drive up and down my street speeding, talking on their phones, texting. And now i find out my husband is one of them. We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood and seeing one of them getting hurt because someone was being irresponsible like that makes me wonder what could happen if he hit someone and hurt them.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not really other than i see ups vehicles drive up and down my street speeding, talking on their phones, texting. And now i find out my husband is one of them. We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood and seeing one of them getting hurt because someone was being irresponsible like that makes me wonder what could happen if he hit someone and hurt them.
Do you two have children? I ask with much trepidation.