Thank God! It passed!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Pasaholic, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Pasaholic

Pasaholic Member

Very Glad to see the contract passed, at least now I know there will be a pension when I retire in 18 years at 51 with 30 years service~!
    Just hope that 6.1 Billion lasts you old timers who got screwed by central states.

2. Griff

Griff Active Member

What makes you think your pension is saved? This contract doesn't extend over the next 18 years, sorry to break the news to you.

3. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Was his post a little too positive for you?

4. Char

Char New Member

This also wan't Central States fault necessarily. The union runs the pension funds, they are the ones that mismanaged it in the first place.
    There is no guarantee that you will have a pension in 18 years. You gave up part of a wage increase to something that may not even be around when its your turn. At least if you got that money in a raise on your check you would have control over it. But you have given up your freedom to save your money and placing that freedom and your trust and your future in the hands of union bosses and the corporation who have no vested interest nor will not suffer the consequences when it fails or cost more or benefits are cut.

Char

5. Griff

Griff Active Member

Excuse me, Char, the truth isn't allowed on these boards. I suggest you make this post on a forum that isn't full of corporate doormats.

P.S. -- Pasaholic, if you voted yes mainly based upon this "its saving my pension" notion, you should be embarrassed. I'm not trying to be mean here.

6. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

Retire at 51 ....

In these parts; you can subtract a certain amount yearly before the age of 64. If you retire @ 54 (if I remember correctly), it's roughly 50% less payable than if you retire at 64.

I'd definitly look to see how much it's ACTUALLY worth when you retire at 51.....

7. Pasaholic

Pasaholic Member

First off how is getting .75 cents a year giving my raises back? Yes maybe we did get a litle less in cash but how much did we save by maintaining our great benifits? Ask some of yor friends how much there insurance preimuims are each month?
    I can't say 100% I will have a penion in 18 years, but with central states I for sure would have nothing and would be working till maybe 65 to find out I have nothing. Im Glad Ups WILL BE SAVING BILLIONS BY NOT HAVING TO PAY FOR NON-UPS PEOPLE PENSIONS!!
    With all the savings from central states gone ups will be even more competive with pricing, service, eta...

8. BrownShark

BrownShark Banned

L.M.A.O!

9. tieguy

tieguy Banned

ah it appears my buddy is sulking. your brand of "truth" is that passaholic won't have a pension in 18 years. I'm allowed to disagree with that point and I'm allowed to comment on the fact that you who claim to have a positive outlook on life again posted a negative spin on something as being the truth.

10. tieguy

tieguy Banned

11. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

12. browned out

browned out Active Member

13. tieguy

tieguy Banned

14. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

15. tieguy

tieguy Banned