Thank You for Using UPS

MeltedSnowman

Here is a fun question.

Some feeder trailers have the sign "Thank You For Using UPS" on the front wall. Why? No customer should ever have the chance to see the inside of the trailer so what is the point? Who are they trying to thank?

Maybe the sign was meant to read "Thank You for Being Used by UPS".

PT Car Washer

CPU. We drop the trailer off and the customer loads them during the day and then we pick it up in the evening. Notice they are the nice trailers and swept out everyday.

UPS4Life

Where did you think all the boxes came from? Ya know like the entire trailer full or amazon or staples.

Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Those trailers are supposed to be captured (kept on the yard and to be used only for that particular CPU) If yard control needs a trailer bad enough, tho, whoosh, it goes to general population, never to be seen again. I ran CPU's for many years, and I usually got automotive to make signs to put on the front of the trailers as well, trying to keep them in the yard, like "this trailer is to be used by ABC company only."

J

jibbs

Seasonals take anything that isn't nailed down? Noooo...lol

yoooo yesterday I swear to God I saw one seasonal walk briskly (run) up to where the drivers were being given donuts and the little :censored2: snatched up an entire box and ran back to his belt with it.

:censored2:in' :censored2:. Can't lie, I grabbed a delicious-lookin' glazed donut with blue frosting and sprinkles after I saw that go down. Normally I walk by driver food without a second glance but after that I just couldn't stop myself.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yoooo yesterday I swear to God I saw one seasonal walk briskly (run) up to where the drivers were being given donuts and the little :censored2: snatched up an entire box and ran back to his belt with it.

:censored2:in' :censored2:. Can't lie, I grabbed a delicious-lookin' glazed donut with blue frosting and sprinkles after I saw that go down. Normally I walk by driver food without a second glance but after that I just couldn't stop myself.
The seasonals aren't as bad as the PT sups.. We get bagels every friday. Last Friday, for whatever reason....by the time most of my center got down to the break room...there was nothing left. On our way back...I walk past 2 sups from another center eating bagels. Hey you guys got bagels...I'll be sure to let (Preload Manager aka the head preload honcho name) know that you enjoyed them, while half the ___ center didn't get any. The looks on their faces was priceless...lmao. :censored2:s!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have heard of ups having their own people at some of these docks loading trailers. ..If I was a business and using ups I need my guys pulling and packing..not loading into ups trailers

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have heard of ups having their own people at some of these docks loading trailers. ..If I was a business and using ups I need my guys pulling and packing..not loading into ups trailers

I did a pickup at a Home Depot warehouse a few months back, and it was like a mini UPS hub insode the building. Pt sup, and a ton of UPS loaders. It was really strange, but hell, it was rathrr efficient

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I retired, I had 2 CPU's. One of them the customer loaded every package and it was usually ready when I got there. The second one was an office supply company, and they palletized all their stuff. They didn't want their employees in our trailer at all, but I didn't get there till 5pm, and the pallets would jam up their whole operation, so the shipping guy would load them for me. I had a pull time, and I usually loaded 4 or 5 pallets a day. A couple of peaks ago, UPS hired a part timer to come in from 1-5pm to load so I would just drop and swap and go.