Thank you Fred S and Brovo Zulu to you

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah I know. Since you must have contacted the legal dudes at FedEx, I'd say sure, all you purple, green and blue folks drive anywhere on break time....wait, most of you already do.

Sure some folks drive on their breaks. What of it? It comes in handy when you're running an errand on your break. If you guys would rather walk, more power to ya.

CharleyHustle

Sure some folks drive on their breaks. What of it? It comes in handy when you're running an errand on your break. If you guys would rather walk, more power to ya.

My boss doesn't like me to use his gas and truck to run my errands. I can't understand what these couriers are complaining about, you guys seem real generous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx and UPS can get fined by the DOT for doing this. If your mileage changes by 1 mile, the DOT does not recognize this as a break.
Hey, maybe FedEx should begin vlgorously monitoring this for compliance. Maybe we can call it the CRAP(Courier Reporting Actual Position)Report. It will never happen, because it would prove how many people work for free during supposed breaks.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I know a guy who got in hot water for parking in a red zone while he was on a break. Obviously, he got a parking ticket. When X looked at the time the ticket was written and then looked at the fact that he was on a break code at the same time, a whole lot of time card "restructuring" had to happen.

mitchel

ive been told my many managers..its within policy to drive up to 5 miles while on break

59 Dano

PBP states that you must be allowed a "reasonable amount of travel time and mileage at the beginning and end of their meal break in order to travel to and from an appropriate meal break location," but that time/mileage depends upon your station. 5 minutes has always been the rule that I've been subject to.

Also in PBP...

Meal breaks should not normally be scheduled to exceed 60 minutes. However, meal breaks up to 90 minutes may occasionally be scheduled if required by unusual circumstances.

Employees cannot be required to take a non-meal break because there is no available work, however, employees can voluntarily go into break status during such periods.

--PBP, section 6, pg 25

LTFedExer

Meal breaks should not normally be scheduled to exceed 60 minutes. However, meal breaks up to 90 minutes may occasionally be scheduled if required by unusual circumstances.

Employees cannot be required to take a non-meal break because there is no available work, however, employees can voluntarily go into break status during such periods.

--PBP, section 6, pg 25
Explain split shifts where breaks can be up to 5 hours long.

newgirl

I've always heard you have 5 minutes to drive to where you want to eat from your last stop. If you want to drive farther you do it on your break time.

This is what i have been told, sort of. I have 8 minutes on the clock, and that 8 minutes needs to be broken up into minutes from where I finish my last stop and break and then how long it takes me to get to my first stop after my break. So if I finish at 1030 I have 4 minutes to get to my break location, take break from 1034 until 1104 then i have to be to my next stop by 1108. This is so I have no "idle" time and i really cannot leave my area. I've never been told it is OK to drive on my break.

59 Dano

Explain split shifts where breaks can be up to 5 hours long.

You can be scheduled a split shift with that kind of split. For example, you can be scheduled to run FO's at 0730 and go home at 0900 and start a pickup route at 1300 and leave work at 1800. You can't be scheduled to go in from 0730 to 1800 and be made to take a huge break because you finished your deliveries at 1300 and your pickups won't be ready until 1530.

If the big split isn't scheduled, you don't have to take it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can be scheduled a split shift with that kind of split. For example, you can be scheduled to run FO's at 0730 and go home at 0900 and start a pickup route at 1300 and leave work at 1800. You can't be scheduled to go in from 0730 to 1800 and be made to take a huge break because you finished your deliveries at 1300 and your pickups won't be ready until 1530.

If the big split isn't scheduled, you don't have to take it.

Here is what Dano wants you to believe....that the water is a nice comfy 86 degrees, not the actual temp, which is 211.5 and rising. "What's good for FedEx is good for you". Hardly. Fred has promised shareholders 10%...where is he going to get it? From your back pocket, of course.

Their strategy is very clear unless you choose to delude yourself and stick your head in the sand. That's what FedEx wants, and they send Dano on here to calm the waves whenever anyone senses danger.

The "boiled frog" analogy has just about reached fruition, and come October, Fred will turn the temp up to 212 and you will be "done".