Thank you ups

UPSERNOJ

I have to agree with you 100%. I have worked for UPS 28 years and my managers were always willing to accomodate me with days off for various personal reasons. I just retired in April, and I must say I miss the people I worked with. Like you said, they were also my extended family.

Hi Lorri, how is life after UPS? Please keep in touch with your friends and plan as many get togethers as possible. It is always nice when I hear from people who had left the company.

Take care.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
I know that we all tend to "bash" UPS...

But, I want to thank UPS. UPS employed me for the past 24 years. I have worked with some great people and worked with some that were not so great. In all, I am thankful for everything I was able to do in life because of having a steady, good paying job. UPS never gave me a hard time when I needed to take time off when my children were small and always in the doctors office or home sick.

I have met some wonderful people over the years that I am very thankful for. My coworkers are my extended family.

So in all, THANK YOU UPS!

crap, did i miss thankstaking again?

LiL"Comet"

Stug.. When I get wound up I go on a roll...Just the way I am. Was that better????

Milkman, Stug is being very kind trying to help you out just be glad it's Stevie telling you in a very nice way. When I was new to BC my English teacher was Cement he was not as sweet for sure. LOL

I would always write a book on my posts. It does make it much easier to read.:wink2:

LiL"Comet"

I'm very thankful for UPS and even more thankful that I get to enjoy the people around me everyday. I'm very fortunate to have the coworkers I have at UPS, it makes it so much more worthwhile to do my daily tasks.

To see someone leave when there retirement comes it's a good feeling. When they can walk out with good health, money in their pocket, and no looking back enjoying what they have worked for. (of coarse not always)

Starting in 99 I have a ways to go but it will definitely be a ride....:peaceful::happy2:

stealth8

We all love our jobs. I've delivered in the same area for 30 years. I love my customers, and to them, I am UPS. I believe that I am the rule and not the exception in this respect. Obviously, the pay and benefits are the best in the business. But, what makes us love the job is what happens when we leave the building and leave the managers behind. When I put that package car up on the Interstate every morning, heading out from the building, it's really a great feeling. It is because we love the job and the company so much (after all, once we leave the building, we are the company) that we do what we do. And, if there is any more need for proof of our loyalty, we do it in spite of the enormous work load, the adverse conditions, the harrassment, and the pain of wearing our bodies out. That is true love.

Dusty I am in the same boat that you are. Coming up on my 30yrs with 28 of them on the same rte. I know more about the people and places on my rte than I do in my hometown. I can also say that I still love my job and it is easier now then it has ever been! The new technology and "cadillac style" package cars are making it a pleasure for me to still get up in the morning and put my browns on! My plan is to retire when I reach 55,so I am 4yrs away, but if things continue the way they are, I will work until I don't feel like getting up and putting those browns on anymore. Cheers to all of my fellow UPSERS! Stealth

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Milkman, Stug is being very kind trying to help you out just be glad it's Stevie telling you in a very nice way. When I was new to BC my English teacher was Cement he was not as sweet for sure. LOL

I would always write a book on my posts. It does make it much easier to read.:wink2:
I'm surprised it was Cement and not Upstate. LOL Luv ya Allstate......er Upstate :bigsmile2:

browniehound

Milkman,
I know you were only joking. I know everyone is when they use the analogy. I do hear it a lot and think people start to believe its true. I've never been to prison but I've seen it on TV, LOL.

The Milkman

Brownie, I guess the longer you work for UPS, you see things alot different than the day you started.

Being retired now for almost a year and a half, I think back and wonder how I took all the crap at times.

The loads,weather,etc. etc.

Just happy that I Paved the way as others did before me.:happy-very: