Thank You, Veteran's

This weekend lets take a minute or two and think about all the brave women and men who have upheld the great tradition of serving this great country.

Many sacrifices have been laid down before us with sefless valor.

God Bless the American soldier.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Thank you for this clarification. For some reason people tend to confuse the two.

While there is a clear distinction between the underlying reason for the two holidays,..... I always find it humbling when someone takes the time to thank the veterans.

I come from a period when there were no thanks.

Indecisi0n

While there is a clear distinction between the underlying reason for the two holidays,..... I always find it humbling when someone takes the time to thank the veterans.

I come from a period when there were no thanks.
Today the public see what these soldiers go through after war and I couldn't imagine risking my life for this country only to return home and be criticized.

Johney

Today the public see what these soldiers go through after war and I couldn't imagine risking my life for this country only to return home and be criticized.
Have any soldiers really been hard core criticized since the Vietnam war? My daughter was on a flight recently and there were at least 20 soldiers on the flight with her and EVERYONE that was in the airport applauded them as the boarded the plane.

BrownThunder

while i may not always agree with why they go to war... I stand in awe of those brave men and women who risk the only life they have to leave everything they knew and engage in kill or be killed combat.

i dont care who you are, that :censored2: takes guts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Folks mean well. Over 1 million have died serving us. Send a chill up your spine when you look at the numbers.

http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_americas_wars.pdf

memorial-day-picture.jpg

You thank the veterans on Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is to remember those who have given the greatest sacrifice.

I'll thank a veteran on a weekday, at night, during a snowstorm, or whenever I damn well please.

I see young men and women everyday that have sacrificed maybe not life, but have lost limbs and struggle with unforeseen mental anguish fighting for our country.

So, you save your thanks for one day in November.

As for me, I'll shake a hand, buy a lunch or coffee and say thank you as many times as it takes everyday.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'll thank a veteran on a weekday, at night, during a snowstorm, or whenever I damn well please.

I see young men and women everyday that have sacrificed maybe not life, but have lost limbs and struggle with unforeseen mental anguish fighting for our country.

As for me, I'll shake a hand, buy a lunch or coffee and say thank you as many times as it takes everyday.
Way to derail something like a true dick! @Cementups wasn't being rude to you, he was simply clarifying the difference between the two holidays because unlike the patriotic folks like you, some might not really know what the different days signify. I served and it doesn't matter to me what the calendar says, I pay my respects and honor others whenever I can. Tone it down captain, we are all friends here!

bl04a

I agree with you 100%. I will thank a veteran everyday, not just one day in November, and I will remember veterans everyday, not just one day in May. Too many people just look at Veterans Day and Memorial Day as a day off from work and don't think about the brave men and women who have died and put their lives on the line everyday so that we can enjoy theses days off. My son is a Marine deployed overseas right now and I just want to say thank you to him and his fellow Marines and pray that they are safe today and everyday.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Way to derail something like a true dick! @Cementups wasn't being rude to you, he was simply clarifying the difference between the two holidays because unlike the patriotic folks like you, some might not really know what the different days signify. I served and it doesn't matter to me what the calendar says, I pay my respects and honor others whenever I can. Tone it down captain, we are all friends here!

what @scooby0048 said. My clarification was pertaining to the holiday itself.
Yes, by all means, thank your vets everyday.

bl04a

That is the title but he posted about thinking about veterans not thanking them. Wether he was thinking about them or thanking them there is no need to correct the OP!

Cementups

Box Monkey
That is the title but he posted about thinking about veterans not thanking them. Wether he was thinking about them or thanking them there is no need to correct the OP!

As I said in the post above your last one, it was a clarification, not a correction, be it to the OP or to inform the rest of the people posting on this forum. It was in no intention to be a dick to the OP.

bl04a

As I said in the post above your last one, it was a clarification, not a correction, be it to the OP or to inform the rest of the people posting on this forum. It was in no intention to be a dick to the OP.
I understand. Maybe I misunderstood. Happy Memorial Day and enjoy the holiday and remember the brave men and women who can't be here to enjoy this weekend.