Thank You, Veteran's

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
memorial-day-picture.jpg

That WW2 number is just staggering. Even more amazing than that is despite those heavy losses, it took the Allies less than four years after the US became involved to crush both the Nazi's and the Japanese.

Greatest generation indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johney

That WW2 number is just staggering. Even more amazing than that is despite those heavy losses, it took the Allies less than four years after the US became involved to crush both the Nazi's and the Japanese.

Greatest generation indeed.
Do you think the Atomic bomb had anything to do with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to derail something like a true dick! @Cementups wasn't being rude to you, he was simply clarifying the difference between the two holidays because unlike the patriotic folks like you, some might not really know what the different days signify. I served and it doesn't matter to me what the calendar says, I pay my respects and honor others whenever I can. Tone it down captain, we are all friends here!

No, never a captain, was a sergeant a long time ago.

Are you a vet?

It's admirable how you come to your little buddies side.

The purpose of the thread is not to correct, or force an opinion on another.

It's to think about all the sacrifices being made by service members, whether past or present.

So carry on, and Peace out.

The Russians had nothing to do with ending the Pacific War, the Marines, Navy, and the A-Bomb did that.

My Dad fought in both the European and Pacific theatres. He seldom talked about it.

The Russians would have been defeated by the Nazis,had it not been for American aide. We sent both alot of money and weapons to the eastern front.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have any soldiers really been hard core criticized since the Vietnam war? My daughter was on a flight recently and there were at least 20 soldiers on the flight with her and EVERYONE that was in the airport applauded them as the boarded the plane.

I can recall walking through OHare in my dress blues in the mid 80's and bring treated with indifference.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My Dad fought in both the European and Pacific theatres. He seldom talked about it.

The Russians would have been defeated by the Nazis,had it not been for American aide. We sent both alot of money and weapons to the eastern front.
my father was at Pearl Harbor . he doesn't talk about it either. can't stand movies that glorify war.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
A good friend of mine from High School was blown to bits by an IED in Iraq during his second tour 9 years ago this Sunday. This thread is kinda aggravating me, so stop effing derailing it if you are.