Thank you!

EmerCond421

So is it possible that a package can be Out For Delivery, but not showing up in the system as being on the truck headed to my house?

It's been my experience that, yes, it could show out for delivery, but still sitting in the main hub 200 miles away. Hope that's not your case. BTW we're out in the boonies.
I know that we will try to deliver every parcel that we have today so that they arrive before Christmas.

Last edited:

Camping Nana

Although we are now a part of the "Retired" UPSers, I would like to add my thanks to all of you! It was quite a ride for over 35 years and this is our first "non-peak" season - we have discussed past "peaks" several times during the past few weeks - :happy2: Kind of missed it...... Nah, not really... :happy-very:

May you have a very Merry Christmas and God's blessings in the coming New Year!

Frankly, I think it's a miracle that packages can go from here to there so seamlessly. Of course there are going to be glitches, but I always wonder if the people who whine the loudest never make errors in THEIR jobs, you know?

It's been my experience that, yes, it could show out for delivery, but still sitting in the main hub 200 miles away. Hope that's not your case. BTW we're out in the boonies.

How about the other way: Can it show that it's sitting at the destination hub (destination scan) yet actually be on the truck for delivery?

EmerCond421

Yes.

You could try to look up your driver, in your area if you know him, or perhaps go to the center before they close for further assistance. My outlook is from a very small center - no clerks, no computer, but every driver know what that have onboard - hope this helps. Good luck.

You could try to look up your driver, in your area if you know him, or perhaps go to the center before they close for further assistance. My outlook is from a very small center - no clerks, no computer, but every driver know what that have onboard - hope this helps. Good luck.

I look at it this way: If everyone who was waiting for a package stops a driver to grill him or shows up at the center, it's just going to slow down everyone's packages, and I wouldn't want to contribute to that happening.

I figure it will either make it or it won't. My bad for not ordering until 12/15, and the vendor's bad for not getting my package to UPS in a timely fashion (LONG delay).

It will probably get here today. I'm betting on it. And if it doesn't... Well, the ol' world will continue to turn, and the planets won't shift, and we will still have a mighty lovely holiday!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Arrival and Destination scan yesterday. Scheduled for delivery today, but not showing in the system that it's Out For Delivery
scheduled for delivery today means that there has not been something that would have caused it to have an exception entered in on the package.

out for delivery sometimes takes a while to upload. if it gets loaded early enough, it will show as out for delivery before the truck leaves the building. but i have seen it take till lunch time or later to update out for delivery.

today is the day where ups goes that extra mile, more so than any other day. so if it is at the center, chances are very good you will get it.

as for the thanks, thank you for trusting us with your orders. a lot of times, we take it for granted that people have choices, and many times they choose ups.

thanks for allowing us to be part of your christmas.

merry christmas.

d

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
gamegrrl2000, Look out on your porch, it got delivered at 2:07 today. Merry Christmas and thanks for the kind words!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You can thank the dedicated feeder drivers that moved your package timely and safely for your local service provider to deliver to your front door.
This shameless promotion brought to you by feeder drivers everywhere, the drivers nobody ever sees.............
Don't you dare say 'no one' there OI.:happy-very: I am partial to the feeder drivers. BTDT and miss it. I would love to sit on your seat..................... :surprised: