Thanks Amazon customer service.

OptimusPrime

Deliver a tv to an apartment. The lady asks if I can take a package. Sure. Points to it. Empty box, a second tv sitting on the couch, random packing elements. Tell her I can't take it like that. Proceeds to start yelling and screaming. Said that Amazon told her it would be no problem for the driver to box it all up, and that she didn't need to have it ready. Told her nope. So she is going off, and at the same time refusing to sign for the new tv. Then the party really got started. Told no big deal, would just leave and take the new tv with me. Another wave of yelling. Finally her daughter boxes it up, and tapes the label on. Yeesh. Was it really that hard.

Really could have went without all that. Best part about it was it wasn't even my stop. Something I took off another driver to help him out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I doubt that Amazon told her that, she was probably lying to you because she was too lazy or stupid to box it herself. "Not Ready" means not ready, tomorrow is another day.

barnyard

KTM rider
As you were walking away, you should have said, "You're welcome."

I have found that the sense of satisfaction one gets from pouring gas on a roaring fire is to be wonderful.

barnyard

KTM rider
Amen, and then the complaint.

The last time I did it, I called the center and said that they might be getting a call from my last stop, "they seemed excited." The OMS said, "Uh, yea, I had to put her on hold to answer your call. What the hell did you say to her???"

Makes a fantastic, "sitting around the campfire, 'I work at UPS'" story.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to call the Center and forewarn them too when somebody went crazy because they didn't get their way. I have seen customers hung up on when they started cussing at management.

barnyard

KTM rider
I used to call the Center and forewarn them too when somebody went crazy because they didn't get their way. I have seen customers hung up on when they started cussing at management.

When the OMS went back to the 'screaming lady' she started cursing. End of conversation. When I got back that night, the OMS asked, "Were you trying to give that woman a heart attack."

OptimusPrime

I only bring this up because it's relevant to the situation. English was clearly this ladies second language. Is it just me or do a lot of foreign people seem to distrust UPS, like we are out to get them or something? Had a stop earlier in the week. Seems Comcast had sent out a bunch of the internet self install packages. This latino woman was almost fearful of the package. Like I was trying to stick her with it, and maybe some sort of bill. Through her broken english I could ascertain that they didn't have internet service YET. Yet being until you do the self install. So you know about a week from now I am going to be taking that package back.

wayfair

swollen member
It would depend on how much time I had... I mean, at least she had a box... I've had customers try to give me items not boxed and told, "UPS said you would have a box"

it does suck when people are overbearing

just like Dish call tags... if people are home and have the equipment with the box, they'll ask if I have tape..... "sure" keeps me from going back 2 more times ya know..

I've been on my route 6 years and kinda help my people out.

Sorry you had to go through that

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just smile and say I'll be back tomorrow to give you time to box/tape it up. Remember, if they don't return the replacement items they'll be charged for it (I've done my share of RS labels with Amazon personally). It's in their own best interests to get that package back to Amazon, I still get paid whether I stick the sticker on or do NR3.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Sorry lady, I am not allowed to go inside any house or apartment, UPS rules.

Please call 1-800-PICKUPS to schedule a pickup after you have it all boxed up and ready to go. Now amazon gets charged for an ODS event 'cause their CSR's are idiots!

jaker

trolling
The sad part every time something happens like that I start getting those stupid pop ups in my diad when I go to deliver

I got one house that says , don't knock , ring bell and be polite ( I guess I mad her mad )

I

IslandGirl

Swearing?..gone..off line..good bye..

A line I used to 'those ladies'..'my job is to deliver,not to distribute'..or package up,or (insert action here)..whatever they think up..
It's delivered..gotta go..call the 1-800-# if any questions..have a nice day..(stupid grin)..vamanos..
And thanks to you guys who take the time/make the call as a head's up for incoming trouble..the "Whiner Channel' gives you no hint
as to what the problem is..just says.""Other""..

Oh Joy...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a lady the other day ask if we could forward the package that we just delivered to her to an address in Virginia. The package was addressed to her and delivered to the correct address. When I asked her why she wanted it forwarded she said she wanted to send it to her daughter. I gave her the address for the UPS Store and told her to have a nice day.

packageguy

I deleivered a 52 inch TV lady told me that I had to hang it for her, I started laughing and told her there was a mistake, I only deliver, she said when I ordered the TV the person who delivers it will also install it... You know that wasn't happening.... I still laugh about it..