Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

twoweeled

If I had the opportunity to meet you like I have others and you acted like them I would respond the same way. At this point I know nothing about you.
Wait-what.jpg

I owe everything, to the people before me @ the Teamsters Union.

Certain people "took me" under their wing.

If you can't grasp that concept....

-Bug-
I agree 100,000,000% I went from the welfare system eating government cheese as a kid to a Teamster as an adult and my wife and kids will never see this because I'm a teamster Who has his contracts negotiated by guys like Kenny H. a. L. L.

Who knows since the teamsters payed it forward maybe my daughter might be the president of the United States some day and my son to runs out to be a civil rights activist. You never know but one thing for sure I love th Teamsters. Peace

I'm not sure why you would want to respond to some of these losers on here. I stopped because that's exactly what they are losers. The one loser posts a stupid looking picture of himself on here. The other loser has a picture of how he actually perceives himself. It's funny how they act on here and when you see them face to face they are punks. Which is what they will always be.
I agree sometime the trolls just suck me in. I wear my heart on my sleeve. All I have in this world is my loyalty and my word. Some people on here belittle me for grammar punctuation and spelling to wrong. I never went to school to be an English major. Last time I checked most of us didn't. Someone somewhere down the line will say I was loyal and had the best intentions and I had heart. That will be good enough for me. I also get thank you's sometimes too. Peace

twoweeled

I agree 100,000,000% I went from the welfare system eating government cheese as a kid to a Teamster as an adult and my wife and kids will never see this because I'm a teamster Who has his contracts negotiated by guys like Kenny H. a. L. L.

Who knows since the teamsters payed it forward maybe my daughter might be the president of the United States some day and my son to runs out to be a civil rights activist. You never know but one thing for sure I love th Teamsters. Peace
Well...... There's another homer hit outta the ball park!
I agree 100% !!! Teamsters were tough, once upon a time. Even the posture of the Business Agents walking into building has totally changed. When they came in, management dreaded it. Not anymore! Not even close.

I agree 100% !!! Teamsters were tough, once upon a time. Even the posture of the Business Agents walking into building has totally changed. When they came in, management dreaded it. Not anymore! Not even close.
Their asses pucker up in my building. Remember you are the union. Are you in a right to work state brother?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Outta the ball park! Our time frames may differ a bit, but I'm in total agreement with you about what the Teamsters before me did. And the ones who took me under their wing and guided me through freakin firing squads, more than a few times. I grasp that one!
050716-MLB-New-York-Mets-Bartolo-Colon-homer-PI.vadapt.664.high.67.jpg
I agree, @BigUnionGuy is definitely "The Bartolo Colon Of The Base Path" in some Union circles.:biggrin:

~Bbbl~

Faceplanted

This sums up exactly how I feel. I'm very thankful for the "old school" teamsters doing what they did. Can't say the same about the current regime.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Teamsters were tough, once upon a time. Even the posture of the Business Agents walking into building has totally changed. When they came in, management dreaded it. Not anymore! Not even close.

I've heard the same thing from long term employee's.

(people I started with)

You know who they are.

The same ones.... that cower to management.

I'm very thankful for the "old school" teamsters doing what they did. Can't say the same about the current regime.

Sounds like a Local problem.

Their asses pucker up in my building. Remember you are the union.

Boom. :biggrin:

All the more reason, to get involved.

Or.... whine about it.... on social media.

-Bug-

twoweeled

I've heard the same thing from long term employee's.

(people I started with)

You know who they are.

The same ones.... that cower to management.

-Bug-

I think I've heard this from virtually all old timers. People that were here to see the change. The people who were in the office the most, probably seen the power of the Union diminish most clearly.
I Didn't understand the connection with the cowards, to the disappearance of Union authority in UPS's buildings. But there has always been a segment of employees who were more timid in confronting management - but that segment of employees fearing management has grown. Mainly due to the lack of Union authority and ability/concern when employees get into trouble. Many employees not very encouraged with hearing: Well, it's their company and they can do whatever they want. That really didn't instill a lot of confidence to fight the company.
This is a perception that is very wide spread. Agree or disagree with the perception, it is there for some reason.
Employees cowering to management has always existed. It's just increased more now, because they feel alone, without protection of past years/administration/contracts?

twoweeled

Their asses pucker up in my building. Remember you are the union. Are you in a right to work state brother?
I'm glad to hear that, Belly. I speak to very few from other locals. I'm taking a (very) wild guess, that you are from a small hub? The hubs around my area have little respect (let alone fear) of the union. And when I'm in that office, I can see why. We don't fight them, it's more a pleading that happens in grievances - and that's assuming the fix isn't already in (already agreed upon, what will happen to you).
Nope! Not in a "right to work" state.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think I've heard this from virtually all old timers. People that were here to see the change. The people who were in the office the most, probably seen the power of the Union diminish most clearly.
I Didn't understand the connection with the cowards, to the disappearance of Union authority in UPS's buildings. But there has always been a segment of employees who were more timid in confronting management - but that segment of employees fearing management has grown. Mainly due to the lack of Union authority and ability/concern when employees get into trouble.

I understand what you are saying.

Really.... I do.

But, harkening back to the "old days" just relives the mob corruption associated

with the Teamsters. Aren't we (as a Union) trying to shed that image ??

Many employees not very encouraged with hearing: Well, it's their company and they can do whatever they want.

Have no doubt.... the company has a "right" to run their business.

Meaning, within the confines of the contract.

If they want to do stupid stuff (that puts them out of business) that's their choice.

Employees cowering to management has always existed. It's just increased more now, because they feel alone, without protection of past years/administration/contracts?

To me, that's a defeatist attitude.

I will always encourage Members to get involved and explain the benefits.

But.... no one can force them.

-Bug-

rpoz11

It would be a much quicker way to resolve than any grievance process.
This way even in any scenario of being WAD, the triple time affects it.