Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

Brown Spider

I like how @brownspider acted like I'm the dummy. He should have known it but was quick to pounce.

Take another look at our exchange, Belly. In post 109, realbrown1 asked "Why is the IRB at Local 104 for the last 2 days?" You t responded "Because they go into every Local Einstein." In post 110 you added "They go into every Local. it's standard protocol. In post 114, I responded "No they don't...and no it's not. You're thinking of the DRIVE Reps."

At issue was the IRB, not the IBT. Are we at least clear on that point? Again, the IRB does NOT go into every Local. The original duties of the IRB, as noted in the Consent Decree, included acting based on "allegations", not random witch hunts. Bug later clarified the difference between an IBT Audit and an IRB investigation. I agreed.

Now...if you and 5Hobbits want to pat each other on the back and prance around in some sort of ill conceived victory dance...well...have at it. Hey...sometimes celebrating stupidity is a good thing and you two have good reason to celebrate. After all...if ignorance is bliss, you are two very happy Teamsters!

5habits100

Take another look at our exchange, Belly. In post 109, realbrown1 asked "Why is the IRB at Local 104 for the last 2 days?" You t responded "Because they go into every Local Einstein." In post 110 you added "They go into every Local. it's standard protocol. In post 114, I responded "No they don't...and no it's not. You're thinking of the DRIVE Reps."

At issue was the IRB, not the IBT. Are we at least clear on that point? Again, the IRB does NOT go into every Local. The original duties of the IRB, as noted in the Consent Decree, included acting based on "allegations", not random witch hunts. Bug later clarified the difference between an IBT Audit and an IRB investigation. I agreed.

Now...if you and 5Hobbits want to pat each other on the back and prance around in some sort of ill conceived victory dance...well...have at it. Hey...sometimes celebrating stupidity is a good thing and you two have good reason to celebrate. After all...if ignorance is bliss, you are two very happy Teamsters!
So now you agree with BUG? Funny how that works out.
As far as the IRB going into every Local or not, how would you know? Oh wait, you don't. So again BROWN EYE, get your facts straight. Then again who cares what you say. You do, that's it. Speaking of stupidity, how are you?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ev

Every local gets an audit every few years. If you don't know this, then your obviously a lost cause.

Brown Spider

Ev

Every local gets an audit every few years. If you don't know this, then your obviously a lost cause.

Yes they do pantload...but NOT by the IRB! Those audits are conducted by the IBT. (damn...continuing to explain this is becoming tiresome) And if I were you, I wouldn't use the phrase "lost cause". It sort of reminds folks of your most recent delegate election.

twoweeled

Agree. the union leadership get outsmarted every contract since 97. We may get gains but hidden in fine print are the concessions ( may,if, in the event of) are magic words for UPS.
EXACTLY CORRECT! So many of our rights are contingent on management approval. In those case requiring management approval, we have no right. That verbiage is 100% meaningless. give us a 20% raise every year with management approval - and I'll guarantee you a 0% raise every year. I'm totally surprised people do not see this. Happens every contract.
We have the right to work half-days whenever we want (with management approval). Did everyone know that? yes, we do!

twoweeled

Agree. the union leadership get outsmarted every contract since 97. We may get gains but hidden in fine print are the concessions ( may,if, in the event of) are magic words for UPS.
Quick thought. I don't think our Union gets outsmarted. The company and the Union have become one of the same. They are "both" trying to pass the minimum by us. Neither one of them wants a strike. UPS want to continue business as usual, and the International wants to continue collecting dues. They would both agree to a $2 per hour cut, if they thought they could pull it off.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Quick thought. I don't think our Union gets outsmarted. The company and the Union have become one of the same. They are "both" trying to pass the minimum by us. Neither one of them wants a strike. UPS want to continue business as usual, and the International wants to continue collecting dues. They would both agree to a $2 per hour cut, if they thought they could pull it off.
i feel that the contract where we got 8 hour days and the option of 9.5 was really good bargining..we need more language like this....guys are tired of working such long hours at such an unattainable pace...this is breaking people down and the company knows it as does the union.

10 point

EXACTLY CORRECT! So many of our rights are contingent on management approval. In those case requiring management approval, we have no right. That verbiage is 100% meaningless. give us a 20% raise every year with management approval - and I'll guarantee you a 0% raise every year. I'm totally surprised people do not see this. Happens every contract.
We have the right to work half-days whenever we want (with management approval). Did everyone know that? yes, we do!
We're already working half (12 hr) days now.

10 point

Put away the pom poms. It's all business now.
It's called survival for the union. With CS pension bleeding to death the pot of gold is out of the equation and hard choices are ahead . People are angry. There's a lot stirring and the next generation is going to be less faithful to the cause due to the situation we've left them.
The voting percentage in the next IBT election will tell it all.
Forget the right to work threat. With every negative IRB report and other "issues" in locals the main catalyst for union membership is corporations abusing the workforce and a sustainable pay scale.
It's not the easy sell it used to be.
Don't even tell me it is.
That's all in the numbers report.
We've got to do better.

Brown Spider

So now you agree with BUG? Funny how that works out.
As far as the IRB going into every Local or not, how would you know? Oh wait, you don't. So again BROWN EYE, get your facts straight. Then again who cares what you say. You do, that's it. Speaking of stupidity, how are you?

What a well thought out and provocative response, 5hobbits! You ask a question and then answer your own question with the response that best suits you. You've really got me scratching my head now. (jeezus...is this guy actually capable of forming a thought?)

Inthegame

Being that dues are based on wage rates, your conclusions are incongruous.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're almost there.
Dig a bit deeper.
As @Inthegame already pointed out, dues are based on our hourly rate.
That's why they give up other contractual rights to maintain our raise structure.

Follow the money to find the truth.