Thanks Andy, Still Voting NO

A

anonymous6

I have not told you to vote yes or no but I will be persistent in being informative, accurate and realistic so everyone can make a fair decision. Most of you vote no guys are just TDU sheep, never go to meetings and cheerleaders for unrealistic demands. I compare it to teenagers.... Most eventually do grow up and find out that reality does not bat an eye at their self indulgent perception of life. No offense but when you thank someone for pension increases and then bitch that GWI and part timers got screwed it sounds a lot like an oxymoron to me. Like your "terribly pleased".

it's hard to ever trust hall when he tried to shove that contract down our throats. and this new letter I just received telling us how grateful we should feel.............come on. just makes me sick when you are intelligent enough to read between the lines.

doolittle95

it's hard to ever trust Ken H when he tried to shove that contract down our throats. and this new letter I just received telling us how grateful we should feel.............come on. just makes me sick when you are intelligent enough to read between the lines.

I feel you oranjputeh, Clearly Andy is pissed off and I understand why. He’s put in a lot of time on a lot of contracts for several different “regimes”. I don’t begrudge him the compensation he receives for his efforts. I appreciate his efforts on our behalf and whatever his compensation it probably isn’t enough. I’m serious.

HOWEVER to your point oranj, it’s hard to trust when you can read between the lines… It’s hard to trust the IBT when we don’t receive adequate information in a timely manner….it’s hard to trust when every local unanimously recommended a YES vote on a contract that lit up everybody’s BS meter. But, we voted NO and discovered our power and forced Andy to scramble….it’s not ideal, in fact it sucks, but at this point it really is our only option. However, and as always, READ the fine print when the ballot comes in the mail this week just to b sure.

Lastly, for me I will have to get myself more involved in union activities, it sucks because it takes more time away from my family; I already put in the 10.5 days, then I gotta drive to the hall PHX, keep my eyes and ears open, put myself out there and call BS when I sense it. Then I gotta try and sign up members in this horsebleep RTW state…But, I believe this is the only way Teamsters are going to change the limited flow of information: increase the membership and get their arsses down to the hall. It is more difficult to BS a full room. I think our collective energy will be best spent in this manner VS trying to oust everybody and start again. They have the negotiating experience and relationships established and if they have a full room telling them how it is then we’ll have a better chance at a stronger contract in 2018. Just my opinion.

rpoz11

Clearly Andy is pissed off and I understand why. He’s put in a lot of time on a lot of contracts for several different “regimes”. I don’t begrudge him the compensation he receives for his efforts. I appreciate his efforts on our behalf and whatever his compensation it probably isn’t enough. I’m serious

OK 104, your turn to answer.
What the hell does Andy need to be pissed off about?
He has an agenda to follow that is pre-determined.
​Protect our Pensions as much as our HC Plans beyond 2018

Oh, try doing a better job of informing the locals who continue to press a Yes vote while threatening others who have different opinions.
In a political environment, where this land is ours, your every member's opinion, choice, AND Vote MATTERS.
STOP intimidating your very members who pay their dues.
Keep it up.
Because eventually, your ramming down our throats of accepting all of this will grow very tiring.
Your Snake shall bite twice!!

Last edited:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Oh, try doing a better job of informing the locals who continue to press a Yes vote while threatening others who have different opinions.
In a political environment, where this land is ours, your every member's opinion, choice, AND Vote MATTERS.
Keep it up.
Because eventually, your ramming down our throats of accepting all of this will grow very tiring.

If this is directed at me, I'm not Andy and last time I talked to him he didn't seem pissed off at all.
We've had several well publicized meetings in which everyone who attended was allowed to voice their opinion, as well as talk to him personally afterward if they had more questions. Plenty of conference calls and that website does a great job laying out what is being offered.
Anyone being intimidated that has proof might want to contact the FBI. Show me one documented case where someone was supposedly intimidated by Andy or a Local official.
We vote on this just like everything else, you have more control over your destiny at this Company than pretty much any other democratic institution.

doolittle95

Keep it up.

Good point, why the hell should I guess what Andy might be feeling? He sounded kinda pissed in that letter...although not nearly as pissed as you sound in this post so... I think my post, on the whole, adequately reflects where I'm at, at this point.

LagunaBrown

TOS & Laguna both present their opinions.
Its alot of work to understand all of this.
Both have projected a strong argument from different views.

What troubles me is co-workers who can't grasp what is going on and being asked to accept.
Members come to me asking to clarify much of this, yet its still a mixed bag of concessions.
What concerns me most is that not enough is being done to help members understand all of this.
Sure, we have meetings with a rep from another district.
We need local officials defining all of this directly to us;
From those officials that we elected.
And those officials can't define what another rep from a different state presents.
Here lies the beginning of our troubles.

However, is it the whole truth from them?

Members continue to walk around dumbfounded and unsure of themselves what it is exactly that they are asked to vote on.
They dont know if its good or bad.
Yet stewards here continue to push to accepting all of this as the next best thing.
Stewards : continue your pattern.
Members in greater numbers than you still have no idea if its good or bad.
Here again lies the problem.

Its the great unknown, in 5 years, just exactly what this will all be.
And in this lies a vote that most can't determine which is best.

There is a parking lot meeting tomorrow morning at our Hub (Yes TOS there will be coffee and donuts). With the turnout at both our locals being less than expected our Business Agents are giving members no excuses and doing everything they can to get them educated on the changes. If they don't show up to this there is not much more you can do...... I am sure some guys would rather massage their load or could cares less and that is sad..... We are working on building unity by putting together any questions by the members (even the reformers) and trying to get them answered or at least put on the table for discussion. As long as members are educated then I am ok with whatever they feel is best for their livelihood.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is a parking lot meeting tomorrow morning at our Hub (Yes TOS there will be coffee and donuts). With the turnout at both our locals being less than expected our Business Agents are giving members no excuses and doing everything they can to get them educated on the changes. If they don't show up to this there is not much more you can do...... I am sure some guys would rather massage their load or could cares less and that is sad..... We are working on building unity by putting together any questions by the members (even the reformers) and trying to get them answered or at least put on the table for discussion. As long as members are educated then I am ok with whatever they feel is best for their livelihood.

Ya know, I tease you about the coffee and donuts, but Ill tell ya what, I am sure you got more people to attend your meetings, then anyone in my district was able to accomplish in our last contract meeting.

A pathetic 45 something UPSers actually showed up and at least 30 union BA's, Office staff, wives and family made up the rest in a local of over 7000.

Kudos if you can motivate participation. Our people act like they dont give a crap now. They want other people to do the heavy lifting for them.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Ya know, I tease you about the coffee and donuts, but Ill tell ya what, I am sure you got more people to attend your meetings, then anyone in my district was able to accomplish in our last contract meeting.

A pathetic 45 something UPSers actually showed up and at least 30 union BA's, Office staff, wives and family made up the rest in a local of over 7000.

Kudos if you can motivate participation. Our people act like they dont give a crap now. They want other people to do the heavy lifting for them.

Peace

TOS

I agree...... Apathy is our biggest enemy.

rpoz11

Keep it up.

rpoz11

Apologize for not correctly separating this statement below from the statement made before it.

The intent below was meant separately, not towards 104 nor Andy.
Will work at not combining this.
Thanks.
Keep it up.