Thanks DHL...

HomeDelivery

... for your stepvans!

a contractor had purchased a couple of those Ford E350/E450 platform stepvans (what i call P700s)

they are great in comparison to regular cargo vans / rental boxtrucks that i've been using for the past few years

quiet, lots of power/torque for a V8 gas engine, sliding pocket doors, the stepvan body makes my day go easier.

I shaved off 2 hours because i can quickly secure my vehicle with power door locks during a stop.

and my sort/load times are so much faster/easier (scan box, slide it in, put on shelf) vs. scan, make mini-piles according to stop order, then load...

--------------
cons:

still don't really like the rollup backdoor since i rarely have to dock at warehouses (but that's minor since i use the side door most of the time anyways)

the one i'm using needs a blindspot mirror for the front since i can't see the nose of the vehicle

(the bubble fish-eye style that overhangs in front of the passenger side window)

home delivery van.JPG

the cons are minor since i can adapt to them, sure beats swinging out the side doors for entries/ exits of the vehicle.
home delivery van.JPG

HomeDelivery

well, it broke down... just in time for the oppressive heat wave!

back in a 12 foot box truck

7382878372_dffa1af424_m.jpg

nice AC, radio, CD player

needs a pass-thru to the cargo area & a sliding side door
7382878372_dffa1af424_m.jpg