Thank's Feeder driver whoever the hell you are (sarcastic)

hypocrisy

Banned
You know, with the amount of shizz that some of us Feeder Drivers are full of, you might be doing yourself a favor staying out of the Feeder locker room. If you see a set come barreling through the yard and stop suddenly by the closest access to that locker room I'd stay clear of it for at least an hour.

That goes double for Taco Tuesday.

JonFrum

If you were indeed reported by another union member, go to your shop steward, tell him/her what happened and that you want to bring the member up on charges. It is possible that the member will be expelled from the union and lose his/her in union card. In my state, that would also mean that the feeder driver would lose her/her job (cannot work in a union shop unless you are a member of the union.)

Then, find out from your center manager which locker room you can use.

I also ride and need a place to gear up. I wear shorts to work with riding pants and jacket over my street clothes.
Really????

JonFrum

Yes, really.

If you want to work in a union shop performing a union job, you have to have a valid union card.
Not in the United States of America you don't. We have that pesky thing called THE US CONSTITUTION.

I suggest you spend this long Labor Day weekend researching the topic. You won't find support for your belief anywhere in Labor Law.

barnyard

KTM rider
Unless you live in a state where unions are still strong. This was exactly how southern legislators passed, 'right to work' laws. There are southern states where joining the union is optional, there are some states where, if you are in a union shop, you HAVE to be a union member (unless you are management, duh.) No union card = no union job.

It appears that you should spend Labor Day weekend studying labor laws. Particularly how southern states are doing everything they can to kill unions.

Mike57

Unless you live in a state where unions are still strong. This was exactly how southern legislators passed, 'right to work' laws. There are southern states where joining the union is optional, there are some states where, if you are in a union shop, you HAVE to be a union member (unless you are management, duh.) No union card = no union job.

It appears that you should spend Labor Day weekend studying labor laws. Particularly how southern states are doing everything they can to kill unions.
Not just southern states!!!!

bluehdmc

Not just southern states!!!!

Definetly not. Chris Christie gov of NJ and sometimes suggested as a Presidential candidate. "The Unions are breaking the middle class."

I thought union memembership was a ticket to the middle class??

moreluck

golden ticket member
The middle class as we know it is becoming a distant memory and the gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" is the widest I have ever seen it.

Speaking of the haves & have nots..........You "have" something you need to send to me because I "have not". Get yourself a stamp and send that check post haste!! Thx!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Can we make a bet he won't keep his word? I bet he won't.

What's really weird is, I never mentioned anything.....he brought this up out of the clear blue...here's what he wrote, in case you forgot....

............"I will bet my paycheck that you will break 34,000 before the day is over and at least half of those will be cartoons of which no thought is required on your part other than Googling the subject.............." I only got 33985 by the end of day, well within the margin.
He was the one "blowin' smoke" so he should pay up. It involves keeping your word.......maybe he'll learn not to shoot off his mouth in the future.....but in the meantime, he owes me a week's pay.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I'm off to Safeway, again.... get another $100 worth of groceries, since today is the last day of getting an extra 100 aimiles ($14 value).
With the bonus am items I'll be purchasing, I'll get 455 airmiles today (which is $63).
Great deal !

JonFrum

Yes, really.

If you want to work in a union shop performing a union job, you have to have a valid union card.
Well it doesn't look like you will be familiarizing yourself with Labor Law anytime soon, so here's some info that may snap you out of your delusion.

Go here to download your Local's LM-2 Annual Financial Report . . .
http://kcerds.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do

In the Union Name by Abbreviation field select IBT-Teamsters from the drop-down list. Then Search.

From the search results, select your Local's LM-2 and look at Schedule 13. See if your Local has any "Agency Fee Payors." If it does, they are employed at a union shop doing bargaining unit work but don't have a union card because they are not union members. If your Local doesn't happen to have any Agency Fee Payors, check some other Locals in your state. You'll find some eventually.
- - - -

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why are we paying the union all our money if we are still touchable by management?

Are you suggesting that our union protection should somehow make us immune to discipline? With an attitude like this you may even have drivers justifying parking in handicapped spots or thinking that others should wait for them.