Thanks for the laughs..

I

IslandGirl

Hello all..

Reading some of your post regarding the people who want their pkgs NOW!..

Some of you guys responses are hilarious!!...and I want to thank you for the laughs!..
It's so hard to deal with people like that..who have no clue how even groceries get to the store..
No clue how weather in another city might affect that cellphone/Ipad/pair of shoes,etc.. being delvd..something they could have bought locally..

A major disaster has just happened on the eastern side of North America..and all they can think about is themselves?..tragic..truly..

Again,thanks guys and girls..I will try to remember your comments as I deal with these 'customers'..

Can we just fast forward to January now??..a certain little island in Mexico is calling me..

Big Babooba

Hello all..

Some of you guys responses are hilarious!!...and I want to thank you for the laughs!..
It's so hard to deal with people like that..who have no clue how even groceries get to the store..
No clue how weather in another city might affect that cellphone/Ipad/pair of shoes,etc.. being delvd..something they could have bought locally..

A major disaster has just happened on the eastern side of North America..and all they can think about is themselves?..tragic..truly..

Again,thanks guys and girls..I will try to remember your comments as I deal with these 'customers'..

Can we just fast forward to January now??..a certain little island in Mexico is calling me.

OOOOH OOOOH!!! Take me Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Hello all..

Can we just fast forward to January now??..a certain little island in Mexico is calling me..
So your in customer service?
You must have really thick skin!

I

IslandGirl

OMS..drivers and customers...arrange meets,calling customers for info or ETA questions..(the driver will get there this afternoon!!..you'll just have to wait!)

""'Are you going out?...what time will you be home?..is there another address/apartment where we can deliver?..what does your house look like?..""
""Drivers do not call ahead..they have 100+ dels...they cannot call ahead..yes..I know the cable guy does..he has 10 stops a day..sorry..please contain your dog..""
""Your roommate can sign for your pkg..driver will leave at front/back/side,barn door,in BarbQ around back,garage,neighbor next door,etc,etc..."..

Meet Joe here..Bill will be over at the carpet place around back..Joe..meet him inside at shipping.receiving..this is UPS calling..I have a driver at your back door..please answer your callbell..

I use up my 10,000 words everyday..

I

IslandGirl

Big Babooba..get a flight to Cancun..get a taxi to Puerto Juarez..1/2 ferry ride..Isla Mujeres..Playa Norte..

See you there...lol!!

I always tell both of my Oms's if they want to tell me to :censored2: off they can and I will forget about it five minutes later. I know the stress they are under and I always try to help them any way I can. It's a thankless job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Big Babooba..get a flight to Cancun..get a taxi to Puerto Juarez..1/2 ferry ride..Isla Mujeres..Playa Norte..

See you there...lol!!

My wife and I stayed on the mainland right across from Isla Mujeres at Excellence Playa Mujeres 2 years ago. We skipped it last year to try to save money, but I already told her we're going back for 2 weeks this coming year. Nothing like being waited on hand and foot for nearly 2 weeks

kingOFchester

Hello all..

Mid January I will be in Cozumel and the Yucatan.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

See you there...lol!!

My wife and I stayed on the mainland right across from Isla Mujeres at Excellence Playa Mujeres 2 years ago. We skipped it last year to try to save money, but I already told her we're going back for 2 weeks this coming year. Nothing like being waited on hand and foot for nearly 2 weeks
My mother & sister just got back from excellence playa mujeres. The resort sounds incredible. I need to get a passport & make plans to go with my mrs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mckenzie Palmer felt the need to start another thread about their package. Come on over I'm sure you will get a few laughs eventually.

Nimnim

The Nim
Mckenzie Palmer felt the need to start another thread about their package. Come on over I'm sure you will get a few laughs eventually.

Yeah, I feel I'm a little more patient with customers here, but I'm also rarely around to post before the answers are said or it's to page 3.

I've given the advice I can on that thread, but I still feel we should be civil with the customers coming here, if you can don't post and wait for someone who is.

Needy customers can annoy us, but we're not at work here, it's much easier to ignore.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OMS..drivers and customers...arrange meets,calling customers for info or ETA questions..(the driver will get there this afternoon!!..you'll just have to wait!)

""'Are you going out?...what time will you be home?..is there another address/apartment where we can deliver?..what does your house look like?..""
""Drivers do not call ahead..they have 100+ dels...they cannot call ahead..yes..I know the cable guy does..he has 10 stops a day..sorry..please contain your dog..""
""Your roommate can sign for your pkg..driver will leave at front/back/side,barn door,in BarbQ around back,garage,neighbor next door,etc,etc..."..

Meet Joe here..Bill will be over at the carpet place around back..Joe..meet him inside at shipping.receiving..this is UPS calling..I have a driver at your back door..please answer your callbell..

I use up my 10,000 words everyday..
If your drivers haven't said this to you, I will. ​Thank You!!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My mother & sister just got back from excellence playa mujeres. The resort sounds incredible. I need to get a passport & make plans to go with my mrs.

It is fantastic! It's far away from downtown Cancun, so if you want to go anywhere it's a rather long trip, but the grounds/amenities are SUPERB.

I

IslandGirl

Thanks all..it amazes me how people want to be called ahead of time..as if,missing that delivery..they are never going to see the pkg ever again..or,heaven forbid,they have to go pick it up at the UPS store!...oh the horror!!
Or the classic note.."I'm 5 mins away-call me"..uh..no..unless..the driver can deliver something else while WE wait for the recip..without moving the truck..
In an era where everyone has a cell phone in their hand 24/7..more people seem to be disconnected from reality than ever before....

As far as holidays go..yes Playa Mujeres..it's about to get really big on this little peninsula..tons of hotels are slated for construction..the area is about to really change..
If you can..take that ferry ride to Isla..as it's going to change too..it's still laid back..islanders are friendly..food is fantastic..and Playa Norte is one of the best beaches in the world..profile pic is from Isla,Playa Norte..looking over to Playa Mujeres..GO!..once bitten by Isla...you will understand the spell that Ixchel cast on early settlers there..

curiousbrain

I cover for our OMS when she goes on vacation, after working the Preload shift. It's a nightmare, without question - it shakes my faith in humanity to the core.