Thanks Jim Hoffa hall and Sean O'brien.

Takeback251

Someone explain to me how it was a "legal" walkout/strike/work stoppage. Doesn't the "no strikes, no lock outs" language apply here?

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Someone explain to me how it was a "legal" walkout/strike/work stoppage. Doesn't the "no strikes, no lock outs" language apply here?

Sent using BrownCafe App

How flippin hard is this to understand???

WE CAN NEVER CAUSE A WORK STOPPAGE FOR ANY REASON outside of the expiration of our national contract.

There is no provision in our contract to strike the company independently of an expired contract.

ANY work stoppage then is considered a "WILDCAT STRIKE".

We cannot strike for issues that have a remedy built into our contract. Those remedies are hearings, panels and arbitrations.

TOS.

Inthegame

WE CAN NEVER CAUSE A WORK STOPPAGE FOR ANY REASON outside of the expiration of our national contract.

There is no provision in our contract to strike the company independently of an expired contract.

We cannot strike for issues that have a remedy built into our contract. Those remedies are hearings, panels and arbitrations.

TOS.
Apparently it’s too flippin hard for you to understand as you are incorrect (again).
Read NM Art 8 Sec 2. There are three clear cut conditions giving the union the right to strike without an expired agreement.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Apparently it’s too flippin hard for you to understand as you are incorrect (again).
Read NM Art 8 Sec 2. There are three clear cut conditions giving the union the right to strike without an expired agreement.

What exactly did you read in article 8 that authorizes the action of local 804 drivers? Make sure you cite more than section 2 of the NMA.

Specifically, what is it that you read that gives you the impression that it was ok to walk off the job.

TOS.

stink219

TOS.
Hell hath frozen!

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

Feederquacker

Impulse and Emotion ruled that day. Reason and rational thinking had nothing to do with it. They did not have authorization to strike therefore they were in the wrong. There is a process to handle the issues they were pissed about, and rightfully pissed about. But, a walkout or temporary strike or temporary work stoppage isn't part of the process. Its a simple concept. Just not what some on this forum want to admit to.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
What exactly did you read in article 8 that authorizes the action of local 804 drivers? Make sure you cite more than section 2 of the NMA.

Specifically, what is it that you read that gives you the impression that it was ok to walk off the job.

TOS.

He's not trying to tell you that what they did was correct. He's trying to tell you that there are more reasons to "Walkout" with an authorized 72 hours notice of intent by the local. This would be an authorized Wildcat Walkout/Strike.

Maybe I should put it in scream mode (ALL CAPS) so you'd get it.

Specifically, your information was totally wrong when you said outside of a "expiration of our contract" we cannot strike. Do you flippin get it?

Inthegame

He's not trying to tell you that what they did was correct. He's trying to tell you that there are more reasons to "Walkout" with an authorized 72 hours notice of intent by the local. This would be an authorized Wildcat Walkout/Strike.

Maybe I should put it in scream mode (ALL CAPS) so you'd get it.

Specifically, your information was totally wrong when you said outside of a "expiration of our contract" we cannot strike. Do you flippin get it?
Thanks for the clear cut post. I was beginning to think the whole world had lost their ability to comprehend...but you saved the day.
TOS posts are as irrational as Liam's actions, which is really disappointing as I believe both are good Teamsters.

POS251

This is the truth!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1397236134750.jpg
    1397236134750.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 94

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do you know how much UPS refunds late NDA money. It is a rarity.
A price I would pay if I was Tim to get these guys back their jobs.
If Tim would have refused this, the drivers would probably get their jobs back down the line. But I wouldn't want to put them through that for a couple more months.

When Tim himself said the strike was unsanctioned? You make no sense.

LagunaBrown

He needs a donut.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Fragile

Impulse and Emotion ruled that day. Reason and rational thinking had nothing to do with it. They did not have authorization to strike therefore they were in the wrong. There is a process to handle the issues they were pissed about, and rightfully pissed about. But, a walkout or temporary strike or temporary work stoppage isn't part of the process. Its a simple concept. Just not what some on this forum want to admit to.

Liam had a agenda, he's been wanting to do something like this to UPS, it's personal. It also probably has something to do with him these guys riding out a 30+ year old Ron Carey legacy so we can all talk about it on this forum and blew up in their face.

Liam had a agenda, he's been wanting to do something like this to UPS, it's personal. It also probably has something to do with him these guys riding out a 30+ year old Ron Carey legacy so we can all talk about it on this forum and blew up in their face.
Look at it this way at least they learned a lesson two times in three years. If they don't get it by then then they are a bunch of window lickers and short bus riders.