Thanks Teamcare

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
But before teamcare they picked me up in a limo and fed me lobster during every stay at the ER that lasted more than 15 mins. Even when I went at 1am for a stuffy nose so I could get antibiotics

Boo teamcare
Lol. I just had the Mrs pull up the menu from her room she took a picture of. Lobster no, NY strip, yes.
image.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's been something we've been trying to avoid for a few years but we finally had no other options to fix some issues she's been having.
Good to hear buddy that she is well and healthy. Have to take care of your health when you get older that's for sure, cant take it for granted.:wink2:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
CL, What exactly don't you like about Teamcare?
Let me answer that with just one example. My son has seen his PCP 2 or 3 times for stomach pain, constipation. He was in severe pain a few weeks ago at 11:00 PM. We did not know what it was so we took him to the ER. We're talking keeling over severe pain. He is 5.

They fixed him up and gave him some meds to help with the problem but did not admit him. Just got the bill. Hospital charge of over $6000 reduced to just under $4000 because of insurance negotiated rate.

Here's the Teamcrap part. Since he wasn't admitted, I am liable for 20% of the bill. My portion is almost $800. Under the old insurance, my portion would have been $0. This is just one example, of many, why Teamcrap sucks.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Let me answer that with just one example. My son has seen his PCP 2 or 3 times for stomach pain, constipation. He was in severe pain a few weeks ago at 11:00 PM. We did not know what it was so we took him to the ER. We're talking keeling over severe pain. He is 5.

They fixed him up and gave him some meds to help with the problem but did not admit him. Just got the bill. Hospital charge of over $6000 reduced to just under $4000 because of insurance negotiated rate.

Here's the Teamcrap part. Since he wasn't admitted, I am liable for 20% of the bill. My portion is almost $800. Under the old insurance, my portion would have been $0. This is just one example, of many, why Teamcrap sucks.
First, I hope your son is doing better and you figure out what's going on with his illness. That being said, I'm sorry that you've not had a very good experience under the new plan. Those of us that have been under TEAMCARE have always had the 20% out of pocket for non admittance ER. To look on the positive side of this, you are 200.00 away from being 100% covered for anything going forward with your son.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
First, I hope your son is doing better and you figure out what's going on with his illness. That being said, I'm sorry that you've not had a very good experience under the new plan. Those of us that have been under TEAMCARE have always had the 20% out of pocket for non admittance ER. To look on the positive side of this, you are 200.00 away from being 100% covered for anything going forward with your son.
Agreed. But is is almost November. Only 2 months left. He is doing much better. Thanks.

I know of lot of you were already in Teamcare. But I was in the company plan. This is the reason Hoffa/Hall put the language in the master. He was hoping that people already in Teamcare would vote me into it. Once the master passed, Hoffa said the healthcare cannot be renegotiated in supplements. So I had people in Minnesota voting on my healthcare. This did not sit very well with me.

So everytime this Teamcrap costs me more than I paid in the past, I get pissed.

I posted on here many times during contract negotiations saying the same thing to people already in Teamcare. Why do you want to bring me down to your level instead of fighting for you to be brought up to my level. OK, venting done. Thanks. I'll go back to enjoying my son.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with Jack. Between my knee replacements and my wife's emergency back surgery we could have racked up an un-Godly amount of medical bills. They never missed a payment or disputed any needed tests. Could we have better insurance? Probably, but I for one am thankful for what we have.

I'm confused----we are Teamsters----aren't we entitled to the best insurance available without having to pay anything toward our coverage?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call the hospital and ask them if they can do anything about the $800 and then work out a payment plan, if need be.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The ER cost is an easy fix. The 177 and Western just did it. Non-accident and accident trips to the ER are now covered.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Agreed. But is is almost November. Only 2 months left. He is doing much better. Thanks.

I know of lot of you were already in Teamcare. But I was in the company plan. This is the reason Hoffa/Hall put the language in the master. He was hoping that people already in Teamcare would vote me into it. Once the master passed, Hoffa said the healthcare cannot be renegotiated in supplements. So I had people in Minnesota voting on my healthcare. This did not sit very well with me.

So everytime this Teamcrap costs me more than I paid in the past, I get pissed.

I posted on here many times during contract negotiations saying the same thing to people already in Teamcare. Why do you want to bring me down to your level instead of fighting for you to be brought up to my level. OK, venting done. Thanks. I'll go back to enjoying my son.

I assure you I must've missed your argument when the contract was up for vote because no one other than you posted anything that intelligent or articulate. It was mostly a bunch of "Hoffa sucks we're getting sold out" BS.

Unfortunately I think you still would've gotten screwed in the long run because the UPS said they were getting out of the healthcare business. There were going to be changes whether you liked it or not.

Wife had a hysterectomy recently and I thought I'd actually post some EOB's instead of "OMGZ I haz ta pay 400dillars for a flu shot" The first is a Cat scan using US imaging (100% covered if scheduled) second is a one night stay at the hospital, this doesn't include the surgeons fee or anesthesiologist. I'd also like to mention that my deductable went from 200/400 to 100/200. We met our deductibles early in the year between the kids and the wife's preops. So far for the year 765.00 out of pocket, probably had over 60k worth of stuff done.

Thanks IBT for keeping our insurance one of the best plans in the country, without out of pocket premiums.
View attachment 18632
You are a good man jack.

Ashell

They pay a small amount for each test, and we pay nothing. Makes you wonder how they stay in business. Teamcare must pay x amount of dollars yearly and a pittance for each test.

So I worked in this line of work for a while. Each test is different, but we sold a slide that could run multiple patients. The slide sold for about 13.50. It cost the company a few $ to make. Then quest would turn around and charge 50-70$ or more for the test. Yes there is some overhead with equipment and staff, but most of those tests cost very little individually. There is a lot of markup. Then think about what the people that don't have insurance pay...

I'm sure teamcare/BCBS just works it out as a 3rd party insurance type of thing. Maybe similar to how we do surepost.

Also diabetic testing strips, 50 of them cost less than 2$ to make. They charge how much for them now days?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I assure you I must've missed your argument when the contract was up for vote because no one other than you posted anything that intelligent or articulate. It was mostly a bunch of "Hoffa sucks we're getting sold out" BS.

Unfortunately I think you still would've gotten screwed in the long run because the UPS said they were getting out of the healthcare business. There were going to be changes whether you liked it or not.
I also believe they were going to try. But I also believe that UPS would have given in if they saw we were dead set against Teamcare. They would have kept it the way it was until 2018 and then tried for healthcare concessions again.

But Hoffa/Hall volunteered to take it off their hands and put us into Teamcare and worded the language for it in the master so that it could not be overrode by supplements.

In the long run, we will never know because I got thrown into Teamcare by every person that voted yes on master. Other people voted on my healthcare. Which is why it should have never been in the master. It should have been a supplement issue.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I also believe they were going to try. But I also believe that UPS would have given in if they saw we were dead set against Teamcare. They would have kept it the way it was until 2018 and then tried for healthcare concessions again.

But Hoffa/Hall volunteered to take it off their hands and put us into Teamcare and worded the language for it in the master so that it could not be overrode by supplements.

In the long run, we will never know because I got thrown into Teamcare by every person that voted yes on master. Other people voted on my healthcare. Which is why it should have never been in the master. It should have been a supplement issue.

Again well worded intelligent "argument."