thanksgiving and the day after..?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Here's what UPS.Com says:UPS 3 Day SelectSM
Choose this guaranteed service for your less time-sensitive shipments

Delivery Commitment Delivery by the end of the third business day. November 23, Friday is a UPS holiday so I would not call it a business day.

DS

Fenderbender
Here in Canada 3 day select all go to the air sort.
Anyways,back to the original topic...
I hope you all have a great relaxing 4 days off.

brown bomber

brown bomber
then how is it that POTTERY BARN can slap a 3 day select label on an item that fills 1/3 of your pkg. car...I thought only air pkgs. were exempt from the standards regarding weight and size....is a 3 day select a ground pkg. or an air pkg.
I've never been able to get an answer regarding this question

Dump and Run

We don't del the 3-days here on UPS air only days. I know we did in the past but haven't in recent times. We get double time to work the day after Thanksgiving plus 8 hrs straight. We used to sign up to work and get time and a half or get forced and get double time. The last contract fixed that so now it doesn't matter what happens you get the double time.

brown bomber

brown bomber
if it's a ground pkg., why does it exceed the size limits for ground....IS IT AIR...OR IS IT GROUND ????? we've never delivered 3-day pkgs on the day after Thanksgiving...however they seem to meet the criteria of an AIR PKG

just wondering....this is probably an instance where there rules....BUT we have a different set of rules

ikoi62

if it's a ground pkg., why does it exceed the size limits for ground....IS IT AIR...OR IS IT GROUND ?????

the only ones i ever see that exceed the size limit for ground are the
pottery barn one's, i think UPS looks the other way for such a big account.
and as far as where i work the centers only wanted nda & 2da send agains for delivery on friday, when i asker about 3 days selects i was told only air packages for friday.

DS

Fenderbender
The 3 day select option may not mean a lot of difference from standard from state to state,but it is a premium service.If I order a 3 day select delivery option from california to say, elliot lake in northern ontario,then in order to meet the money back guarantee,it must go by air at some point.The brokerage charges are paid by ups.If only more online buyers were offered that option,ups would have something nobody else offers,but they make way too much money off that and unfortunately that's all they are really concerned with.

browndude

its double time for all time worked today plus your 8 hour holiday pay and the only thing delivered is nda 2da and international's no 3day is delivered today. and i am now of to make some easy money.