Thanksgiving awkward thread

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 407steward, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm at my annual thanksgiving family function. I'm drinking Christmas ale and hiding in the corner trying to watch football and be an introvert. I don't want to talk ups with these people but I still gravitate to this site. Why?? What are you drinking? What kind of awkward things have you encountered today.

Ps I hope I don't have to take on these 15+ kids in a wrestling battle royal.

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Now I'm drinking an O'doul's. Wtf. I always wanted to try one. My father in law is real weirded out by it. What's going on in your hood?????

3. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

It's just me and the new addition to my family, my Xbox One.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Man I wish I could get a cool ups hat. The ones ups has suck. You know of any cool ones.

5. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

They're $12.63 at Lands End.

442065BROINDX.jpg

6. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Dizzie, your sneaky avatar didn't make it! What will happen if you can't pop up any longer?

7. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Untitled-323.png
    I'm really trying to achieve that "Rocketman" look.

8. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

I guess we'll have to go the pharmaceutical route. I hope you'll be patient with me.

9. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

Currently at my fiancées house, and her mom doesn't speak any English. Just smile and nod, smile and nod, and hope I'm not agreeing to something bad. Haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That's it?? Those are nice I'm going to check that out. Is it in the new catalog?

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Not much...my uncles are lovin white christmas beer....watching football...kinda bored lol. Agreed....no more ups talk today!

12. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Everybody in my house went out of state to have lunch with the in-laws. I decided to stay home and take it easy, I'm going in tomorrow to make some easy money. My wife and son are on the way home, we will have some turkey and dressing for supper tonight. My wife made me a delicious pecan pie last night, I had to get into it a while ago. I have just been sitting in front of the fireplace and watching TV all day, and trying to figure out the new software for BC. No drinking today since its a work night, the only awkward situation I have had today is trying to figure out BC.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You drinking???

14. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

I don't know. I ordered them online.

15. little blue pills

16. I wasnt aloud to say......V,Ig ra................

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  17. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

She is blonde, but I think she got it.

18. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I hope you don't retire for a while scratch. I always hate to see the good oldtimers go.

19. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping this is my last Peak, I'm thinking about hanging it up at the end of next October while I can still walk. I've had my fill, its not enjoyable anymore with the increased work and harassment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

Not yet. Not till we get to my house in an hour or so and then it's on. Then I'll be the one not speaking any English! Haha