Thanksgiving awkward thread

I'm at my annual thanksgiving family function. I'm drinking Christmas ale and hiding in the corner trying to watch football and be an introvert. I don't want to talk ups with these people but I still gravitate to this site. Why?? What are you drinking? What kind of awkward things have you encountered today.

Ps I hope I don't have to take on these 15+ kids in a wrestling battle royal.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Man I wish I could get a cool ups hat. The ones ups has suck. You know of any cool ones.
They're $12.63 at Lands End.

442065BROINDX.jpg

Marne Vet

Currently at my fiancées house, and her mom doesn't speak any English. Just smile and nod, smile and nod, and hope I'm not agreeing to something bad. Haha

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Now I'm drinking an O'doul's. Wtf. I always wanted to try one. My father in law is real weirded out by it. What's going on in your hood?????
Not much...my uncles are lovin white christmas beer....watching football...kinda bored lol. Agreed....no more ups talk today!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Everybody in my house went out of state to have lunch with the in-laws. I decided to stay home and take it easy, I'm going in tomorrow to make some easy money. My wife and son are on the way home, we will have some turkey and dressing for supper tonight. My wife made me a delicious pecan pie last night, I had to get into it a while ago. I have just been sitting in front of the fireplace and watching TV all day, and trying to figure out the new software for BC. No drinking today since its a work night, the only awkward situation I have had today is trying to figure out BC.

Last edited:
Everybody in my house went out of state to have lunch with the in-laws. I decided to stay home and take it easy, I'm going in tomorrow to make some easy money. My wife and son are on the way home, we will have some turkey and dressing for supper tonight. My wife made me a delicious pecan pie last night, I had to get into it a while ago. I have just been sitting in front of the fireplace and watched TV all day, and trying to figure out the new software for BC. No drinking today since its a work night, the only awkward situation I have had today is trying to figure out BC.
I hope you don't retire for a while scratch. I always hate to see the good oldtimers go.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm hoping this is my last Peak, I'm thinking about hanging it up at the end of next October while I can still walk. I've had my fill, its not enjoyable anymore with the increased work and harassment.