Thanksgiving awkward thread

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I'm at my annual thanksgiving family function. I'm drinking Christmas ale and hiding in the corner trying to watch football and be an introvert. I don't want to talk ups with these people but I still gravitate to this site. Why?? What are you drinking? What kind of awkward things have you encountered today.

Ps I hope I don't have to take on these 15+ kids in a wrestling battle royal.
Couple things I found awkward today.
We had dinner with my sister in law & her new husband & his family. My brother in law received a descent inheritance not too long ago & bought a Mc Mansion in my town. My wife is kind of envious of her sister now, & wants a big house like that. It's something I could care less about, so every time we go there, I feel kind of awkward.
Second thing that was really awkward was my brother in law told me that there's a good chance he will be laid off from his job & has less than 2 months of savings. Guess he should have saved some of his inheritance. Idk, conversation was weird/awkward.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Welp...went to pickup my kids at the ex wife's folks. And the whole family is there except the ex. The awkward part of it is I have a better relationship with her folks than she does...and the rest of the family knows it...and it's ehffing weird. I don't like talking shop either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a nice day yesterday. Dinner with James' parents at the Country Club. Watched the Cowboys then we went to watch Hunger Games, which is better than the first and leads perfectly in to the two-part finale. The theater is in the mall and we got to see all of the mayhem without being part of it. That will happen today as soon as I can get my kid's off their butts and in to the shower.

Marne Vet

Yesterday was a good time. Ate at the fiancees house first, and her mom didn't try to kill me with her retired KGB skills. Next we had dinner with my family, and I threw back a lot of weizens. Enough that we never made it out afterwards. Decided to stay in, relax, and watch 2 Guns. Pretty good movie. Now I'm laying on the couch in the Man Cave watching hockey while the kids are upstairs doing full court sprints across the floor. They better save that energy for when they're old enough to be my driver helpers. Runners! haha.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only leftovers I wanted was a sliver of each of the three kinds of pies they served where we went. Apple-punpkin and french silk. I left before my wife (we had two vehicals). She set the basket of leftovers down by the door to say her good-byes. When she got home I discovered that the family dog of the people who had hosted the get together had gotten into the pies while my wife was saying her good byes. I'm PO'ed.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I've been with the same woman for years. She looks more beautiful than ever with or without a beer. Plus I've got a beautiful daughter Grace by the grace of God and a beautiful girl dog named Bianca. I'm blessed.
Same here. Sometimes, I see her unexpectedly, & say oh wow, who's that? Then realize it's my wife. I'm one lucky guy.

A

anonymous6

I work graveyard so I spent turkey day sleeping the day away while the wife had to contend with a houseful of people. win win for everyone.

Nimnim

The Nim
I spent the day in bed with the flu, whoo. . .

Kinda disappointed you couldn't reenact this statue at the family gathering again 407.
bwbLgMt.jpg