Thanksgiving. Giving thanks to what we have

Floridacargocat

Thanksgiving is a memorable day in the USA. That it is a holiday, we have to thank the persons in power in 1863 and 1942 (as per Wikipedia). It is also a time to thank those giving us our daily bread (and income) and think about those less fortunate than us.
Working at UPS is not an easy job, claiming that it is something special makes it elitist and unique. There are other globally recognised brands (and our major competitor even has achieved to to make it into a verb). UPS is not alone. Yes, we work for a globally recognised brand name (not easy to achieve); yes, we have lots of daily challenges; yes, we have our different opinions. The objective remains the same: to provide service to a customer so that he comes back again to us and not the competitor. Every component of service does play a role, we may not see it due to daily pressures/instructions/ guidelines/whatever.
What counts in the end (and this is not in the IE sense) is, can we face a customer and tell him straight to his face: I have done my job and rendered service to you?

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanksgiving is a memorable day in the USA. That it is a holiday, we have to thank the persons in power in 1863 and 1942 (as per Wikipedia). It is also a time to thank those giving us our daily bread (and income) and think about those less fortunate than us.
Working at UPS is not an easy job, claiming that it is something special makes it elitist and unique. There are other globally recognised brands (and our major competitor even has achieved to to make it into a verb). UPS is not alone. Yes, we work for a globally recognised brand name (not easy to achieve); yes, we have lots of daily challenges; yes, we have our different opinions. The objective remains the same: to provide service to a customer so that he comes back again to us and not the competitor. Every component of service does play a role, we may not see it due to daily pressures/instructions/ guidelines/whatever.
What counts in the end (and this is not in the IE sense) is, can we face a customer and tell him straight to his face: I have done my job and rendered service to you?

We can all be thankful that "... we can face a customer and tell him straight to his face: I have done my job and rendered service to you?"

If that customer selected something other than Surepost and they don't set their watch by when the driver shows up and if the customer is not getting their NDA air package at home where they run their home business.