Thanksgiving pay as a new FT driver

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When it absolutely, positively has to be there ANSWERED overnight.
fedex-logo-when-there-is-no-tomorrow-slogan.jpg

BUCN85

So I'm not getting am answer only bashed? Don't really get why anybody has to come to this post to bash somebody if they don't have an answer or don't want to answer. Why waste your time?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is gaining seniority once you complete your 30 in 90
Yes, if that's what your supplement says. It varies by local...takes 40 days in 70 to qualify here. If you've only been driving two weeks, I doubt you'll get FT holiday pay. But your steward would know better than us.

jaker

trolling
The main problem is no matter what you think you should get payed , ups is going to pay you what you should get and deserve

Yes they do make mistakes but they are pretty good for how many people they have to pay weekly

BUCN85

Yes, if that's what your supplement says. It varies by local...takes 40 days in 70 to qualify here. If you've only been driving two weeks, I doubt you'll get FT holiday pay. But your steward would know better than us.
Well then I have been driving for 2 weeks AFTER making seniority. I already completed my 30 in 90

reginald95

You should be getting 8 hours at your current driver rate. I'm a cover driver and I get 8 hours of holiday pay, sick pay, jury duty, IF i'm scheduled to work as a driver that week.

upschuck

Here, there are bid drivers, and utility drivers. If you don't have a bid route, and nobody on vacation(or lower on the utility list than # of vacations), you are considered "on call", but usually work because of added runs. Most "on call" people just show up without calling or being called, and usually there is work for them.

I may be wrong, but if you are off for a week, you can bump into the building until they tell you you're needed. This never happened to me, because of weather circumstances, I got lucky, but was off usually a couple days a week because of low volume.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here, there are bid drivers, and utility drivers. If you don't have a bid route, and nobody on vacation(or lower on the utility list than # of vacations), you are considered "on call", but usually work because of added runs. Most "on call" people just show up without calling or being called, and usually there is work for them.

I may be wrong, but if you are off for a week, you can bump into the building until they tell you you're needed. This never happened to me, because of weather circumstances, I got lucky, but was off usually a couple days a week because of low volume.
So utility drivers don't get a daily 8 hour guarantee like the bid drivers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So utility drivers don't get a daily 8 hour guarantee like the bid drivers?

Nope----utility or casual drivers are not guaranteed to work every day; however, if put to work, they do receive their daily guarantee, unless mutually agreed upon before hand. For example, they may need to run off a few bulk stops, LIB's or misloads. The casual may agree to come in and run that work knowing that it may not be a full 8 hours.

oldngray

nowhere special
On call means you aren't scheduled to work but might work if there is a call in or extra routes are added. No 8 hour guarantee if you don't work but if you are told to come in and work then you do get the usual 8 hour guarantee.

By The Book

Well then I have been driving for 2 weeks AFTER making seniority. I already completed my 30 in 90
Count on the 4 hours then. Some supplements have language that says you need to work so many days a month, or have to work the day before and after to get holiday pay.