Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Purplepackage, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

if you are on a 4x10 schedule, (Saturday and Sunday off and a random day during the week) can they schedule you to work Monday-Wednesday and friday and use thanksgiving as your "day off" even though it's a holiday?

2. optikz

optikz Member

This is fedex. They can do what they want. It wouldn't surprise me. The rule is, if the holiday falls on your day off, you get the next day off

3. Purplepackage

I'm just trying to determine if I should be getting OT for one of my days next week. I'm already working Saturday and getting the holiday on Thursday so I'm assuming they think I'll just be happy with that

4. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, seriously, you crack me up! Rules don't apply to management unless it is convenient. Needs of the company and all that crap.

5. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Not at my Station. Im 4-10 with Thurs off. I don't get Friday off or time and 1/2 on Fri.
    Will only get 8 holiday pay for Thurs

6. Yozh69

Yozh69 Member

At Freight we get the four day weekend :)

7. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

do you guys get that every year?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Good---one less person to fight with over that one open dock at Walmart.

9. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

You actually get the dock door? We have an alternate delivery point for the Sams Club and Walmart here

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They have 3 doors but 2 of them always have trailers on them.

11. Purplepackage

9/10 when I deliver or pick up from Walmart all 3 doors are blocked with trailers, no tractor is even attached lol

And this time of year I've been getting almost 150-200 pieces from the Walmart pup

12. Yozh69

Yozh69 Member

LOL! Have fun! ;)

13. Yozh69

Yozh69 Member

My first year but from talking with the other guys, yes. They say it sucks because we still do what seems like six days of freight in three days.

14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

This is the correct answer, except when it isn't.

15. l22

l22 Active Member

You're supposed to get either an alternate day off or holiday cash in addition to holiday pay since the holiday falls on your regularly scheduled day off.