The $1.25 Billion Pigford II Black Farmers’ Settlement

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Pigford Shakedown: How the Black Farmers’ Cause Was Hijacked by Politicians, Trial Lawyers & Community Organizers

— Leaving Us With a Billion

Dollar Tab

1. After Four Months of Research, Big Government Releases Pigford Report

2. Obama to sign black farmers' settlement Wednesday

3. USDA Employee: 'The largest scam against the federal taxpayers in the history of the United States'

4. Black Farmer: 'The biggest rip-off this country has ever known'

5. 'Most of these people were never farmers'

6. USDA Employee: 'vast majority of the claims to have been fraudulent'

7. Obama: Pigford 'a fair settlement, it is a just settlement'

8. Pelosi: Pigford just the beginning

9. Black Farmer Mega-Settlement Clears Way for Discrimination Claims by Women, Hispanics

10. Black Farmers' Assoc. Pres.: No problem if non-farmers get settlement money...

11. ...'If you are an African-American, you deserve $50,000'

12. Rep. McKinney: 'Claimants, who are not necessarily farmers, have been paid out of the judgment fund'
Pigford: Obama’s Down Payment on the 2012 Rural South Vote

packageguy

wow, what's next -- if this is true again wow. i never this before i am on
the east coast, bail out for wall street and big banks

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pigford Witness Report: 700 Claims Filed with My Name on Them, Many From Hundreds of Miles Away

From a USDA employee with close to 30 years experience:
Pigford was a nightmare. There was lots of money to be made—most of it by the trial lawyers. There were legitimate claims. It happens that people do sometimes discriminate and those people should be compensated. But really everyone was put in the crosshairs. They were indicting the entire USDA.
Lawyers were churning applications. My name starts turning up on documents as someone who denied someone services. Trouble was those people were hundreds of miles away. I think there was something like 700 forms filed with my name on them—it was outrageous. I had never heard of any of them. I discovered that my name had been put on leaflets, which charges that I was a racist, and people just put my name on Pigford applications. I finally had to get black farmers to vouch for me. They all said I treated everyone fairly, which is what I tried to do.
There were lots of fraudulent claims that were sent to the federal government. I think there was a political motivation there. The lawyers were getting their money and there was a lot to get. In the 2008 farm bill there was actually $100 million set aside to investigate fraud under Pigford. But when the Obama Administration came in, the investigation was never done. I think we as taxpayers deserve to know where our money went, don’t you think?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
BREAKING: You too can be a farmer — and if you are black get $50,000 — with the new PIGFORD PET!

You too can be a farmer -- and if you are black get $50,000 -- by growing a Pigford Pet!