The 9.5 list

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my center there are a bunch of us with as much as seven years seniority running coverage- no steady bid route. So I thought the 4-year language was an improvement over the previous contract, where you had to have a bid route to grieve excess overtime.
Tha my never applied here.
Sorry but 7 years lol we have 20 year cover drivers.

ANYONE who wants on the 9.5 list should be able to get on the 9.5 list.

BrownTexas

Management tells the guys with under four years that they can't file at all. Then tell others that since they have late pick ups that it's a "nine five route" and they can't file because the route is supposed to have that much work.
Hopefully u tell them otherwise. Or hopefully someone does.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't have to spin any BS. As a management person my job is to monitor performance and make sure union employees are working as directed and following the methods.
I know I have to earn the respect of the drivers that I worked with in the past and now am there Supervisor. I have their respect as a driver. Earning their respect as a SUP doesn't mean not holding them accountable for follow directions and the methods. Yes your bad if you thought because I was a driver before I let things slide as a SUP...
SUP's don't get drivers in trouble drivers get themselves in trouble by not following directions or methods. SUP's don't make drivers break rules they do it themselves...

This is why no driver who works under you will "respect " you. The ones without spines won't fight you but the ones who do will hold your feet to the fire by following every method and making you follow every part of the contract.

Better watch your ass because with enough grievances and protest letters against you, your "new attitude " will kill your career with the labor manager and higher ups if they keep seeing your name.

A decent BA or union steward will make your new ORS career a short one if you don't learn how to control your newfound ego.

It will be your downfall.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe they should spread those late pickups around and start a bunch of guys later, if that's what they need to do...makes total sense.

It makes more sense to start one route later than to start a bunch of routes later, especially when you have to worry about getting the air for those routes delivered on time.

UPSGUY72

This is why no driver who works under you will "respect " you. The ones without spines won't fight you but the ones who do will hold your feet to the fire by following every method and making you follow every part of the contract.

Better watch your ass because with enough grievances and protest letters against you, your "new attitude " will kill your career with the labor manager and higher ups if they keep seeing your name.

A decent BA or union steward will make your new ORS career a short one if you don't learn how to control your newfound ego.

It will be your downfall.

Lol

BrownTexas

How are they singling you out? Any route with late pickups should have a later start time to avoid being over 9.5
If that route wasn't bid with a later start time and you are the ONLY ONE starting later, it is singling you out for being a 9.5 driver. They need to move the pickup on the remaining days during the week to appease your 9.5s.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If that route wasn't bid with a later start time and you are the ONLY ONE starting later, it is singling you out for being a 9.5 driver. They need to move the pickup on the remaining days during the week to appease your 9.5s.
Pretty much.

We have had guys have their start time pushed back because of 9.5 issues. Instead of fighting it most just work a little harder to get off at the same time. Plays right into management hands.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What does your supplement say about permanent start time changes? Under ours if they change the start time by more than an hour then the route has to be rebid and if no one selects it then the least senior driver gets forced onto it, but there is no language preventing the company from changing the start time on a route between bids. If you have such language then good for you, but we have had permanent start changes in my building due to late pickups being added to a route between bids. The drivers involved grieved the start time change and lost. If you know of a case where a driver has won a grievance like that I'd like to hear about it.