The 97 strike....

PT Car Washer

How can a non-union employee not cross the line? They are not on strike as they are not part of the union. This whole RTW thing boggles my mine.
They are still in a Union bargaining unit job. The non union hourly clerks were forced to come in. Told us all they did was come in and sit for the shift.

10 point

Are we talking about you now?
I sat on the line. It wasn't a "waste of time". I donate time on breaks every day to help my brothers and sisters with Union issues. I'm not a freeloader. Someone who enjoys the union fought for pay and benefits and calls showing support on a strike line a "waste of time" is a freeloader and spineless.

Returning an explanation to a blind and deaf person is the "waste of time".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I sat on the line. It wasn't a "waste of time". I donate time on breaks every day to help my brothers and sisters with Union issues. I'm not a freeloader. Someone who enjoys the union fought for pay and benefits and calls showing support on a strike line a "waste of time" is a freeloader and spineless.

Returning an explanation to a blind and deaf person is the "waste of time".
But he sure plays a mean pinball!

10 point

But he sure plays a mean pinball!
You can't invest what you don't have with or without Ramsey.

Take a look at the pay scale from other delivery companies and tell me that being in a union and supporting union initiatives is a "waste of time".

The "all about me" folks dilute progress in many ways. Maybe we should call it "Unionized Welfare" to categorize that mentality.

Ron Carey lives on

Its hard for me to understand how people disagree with a work stoppage that helped them in the long run. Union members that benefit from struggle, and vote for" right to work" politicians, want the baby but don't the labor pains. Its amazing to me how members think union benefits magically appeared. Or maybe they think Ups loves them so much and just give them these rights ,benefits, and raises. With all the faults of the current contract, what do you think it would be like working at a non-union Ups would be like? No I am really asking what do you think what a non-union Ups would be like?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You can't invest what you don't have with or without Ramsey.

Take a look at the pay scale from other delivery companies and tell me that being in a union and supporting union initiatives is a "waste of time".

The "all about me" folks dilute progress in many ways. Maybe we should call it "Unionized Welfare" to categorize that mentality.
Who

Overpaid Union Thug

Its hard for me to understand how people disagree with a work stoppage that helped them in the long run. Union members that benefit from struggle, and vote for" right to work" politicians, want the baby but don't the labor pains. Its amazing to me how members think union benefits magically appeared. Or maybe they think Ups loves them so much and just give them these rights ,benefits, and raises. With all the faults of the current contract, what do you think it would be like working at a non-union Ups would be like? No I am really asking what do you think what a non-union Ups would be like?

Sent using BrownCafe App
As a union member in a RTW state I can honestly say that RTW is irrelevant. RTW doesn't strip anyone of their rights to join unions or participate in union activity. The only ACTUAL negative side affect of RTW is the scabs we all have to endure at work. Other than that the only other thing I can see happening is that maybe not enough employees in a union shop opt to join. Well, if the majority don't want to join (for whatever reason) then I say let them handle UPS on their own. They could answer your question about what working for a non union UPS would be like. It would suck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

I live in a RTW state and almost all FT and a large majority of PT are in the Union. Some PTers wait a year or so to see if they are going to stay or not, but eventually most see the wisdom of joining.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i am in RTW state and find it amusing when scabs and freeloaders want to file grievances and 8 hour requests because they have "rights"

Brown Spider

i am in RTW state and find it amusing when scabs and freeloaders want to file grievances and 8 hour requests because they have "rights"

Actually, they do have rights. You might not like it...I might not like it...but the NLRB would issue a complaint against any local union that refused to process a non-members grievance. As long as the union is the exclusive bargaining agent for the entire bargaining unit, they are required to provide representation for the entire bargaining unit.

tourists24

Actually, they do have rights. You might not like it...I might not like it...but the NLRB would issue a complaint against any local union that refused to process a non-members grievance. As long as the union is the exclusive bargaining agent for the entire bargaining unit, they are required to provide representation for the entire bargaining unit.
you are 100% correct,,,, and its a darn shame we have to

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I had a free loader asking me the other day for a grievance form,and of course I told him to ask his supervisor for one