The Absurdity Continues

STFXG

Why offer benefits when we can get drivers young enough that can stay on their parents policy? If they don't need it, why offer it?
And by the complaining on the board express benefits aren't something to brag about...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been on this site for a short while and I really don't understand all the hatred and animosity for Ground drivers in general. As an Express employee, the only problem I have is with the Ground drivers who do a horrible job and make us look bad. I'm sure the rest of them do their best and work hard. It's not their fault that Fred is screwing us and exploiting them. They are trying to make an honest living, just as we are. And they sure aren't going to disappear overnight. Ground is here to stay, whether we like it or not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been on this site for a short while and I really don't understand all the hatred and animosity for Ground drivers in general. As an Express employee, the only problem I have is with the Ground drivers who do a horrible job and make us look bad. I'm sure the rest of them do their best and work hard. It's not their fault that Fred is screwing us and exploiting them. They are trying to make an honest living, just as we are. And they sure aren't going to disappear overnight. Ground is here to stay, whether we like it or not.

I don't hate the drivers, I hate the Ground scam. They are just doing a job, but it's a job Fred set-up to fully exploit the worker. As I have said many times before, the basic Ground model depends on ultra low-cost labor, which gives Smith a tremendous advantage in terms of cost-savings and ability to undercut UPS pricing.

It makes me angry to see ISP's on here defending their scam, and saying that there's nothing wrong with a job that has low pay and no benefits. It's "wonderful" that drivers live in their parents basement or in some crummy apartment or worse. That's "capitalism" at work!! The problem is that all of the capital flows to the ISP and FedEx, not the hard-working driver.

Ground drivers make the whole industry look bad, because Fred has lowered the professional bar that distinguishes between professional career drivers and the average Ground driver, who you might as well have plucked off the street in many cases.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

MF is mad because Ground guys took his freight and informed the public that it doesn't take a guy with 2 business degrees to deliver packages. He wants that freight back so that he can provide the sorry service that he recently bragged about providing.

HomeDelivery

GD guys I know are young, married and live with either their parents or the wife's parents.

it's 50:50 here... some are single young people w/ no other worries besides their own car payments, while others are retired or semi-retired and already have a 2nd source of passive income on the line. I can't believe some of the elderly drivers' energy levels & wishes that i'll have the same level once i hit 50 (which is about a decade from now ~ hopefully the economy will be better enough for me to move on)

the morale of the drivers are also 50:50 ~ they know it sucks not getting paid to load/sort their own vehicles, do a pre- & post- trip inspection, drive to/from the service area, etc... but once we leave the building, no harassment from management 90% of the time.

As long as we attempt every single package in our vehicles, no boss over your shoulder & it's all good. We can take breaks anytime we want during our day & don't have to enter when we take our short snack time or bathroom break in our DIADs or scanners.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MF is mad because Ground guys took his freight and informed the public that it doesn't take a guy with 2 business degrees to deliver packages. He wants that freight back so that he can provide the sorry service that he recently bragged about providing.

You're mad because MT3 now makes you polish the silverware and scrub the gold-plated toilets. Funny how you disappear and reappear as FedEx PR waxes and wanes. Are Lackeys a Pay Grade 25 or 26?

59 Dano

You're mad because MT3 now makes you polish the silverware and scrub the gold-plated toilets. Funny how you disappear and reappear as FedEx PR waxes and wanes. Are Lackeys a Pay Grade 25 or 26?

Poor guy. How does it feel, becoming obsolete?

I don't do silverware or any of that. Does your wife need a job?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Poor guy. How does it feel, becoming obsolete?

I don't do silverware or any of that. Does your wife need a job?

I start a thread about absurdity, and here you are, the very definition of the word. My wife has a very good job, one that pays about twice what mine does. She's very bright.

If I'm "obsolete", why are you here from Corporate attacking me? I must be doing something right. You are a very good lackey.

59 Dano

I start a thread about absurdity, and here you are, the very definition of the word. My wife has a very good job, one that pays about twice what mine does. She's very bright.

Your wife is smart. Well, opposites attract!

If I'm "obsolete", why are you here from Corporate attacking me? I must be doing something right. You are a very good lackey.

I'm here because I enjoy it here in small doses. You're a good gutless coward who cries, and cries, and cries. The best I've seen.

MAKAVELI

Your wife is smart. Well, opposites attract!

I'm here because I enjoy it here in small doses. You're a good gutless coward who cries, and cries, and cries. The best I've seen.

And you are just Mr. Professional.

What a class act we have in our management ranks.
He's probably not even a manager. Probably some brown noser stuck in ASPIRE because they know he's not management material.

fedupped

There are not many positions open for managing an obsolete work force. Be careful what you wish for. Must be an ops mgr. I hope for your sake your just a young punk. Obviously not very professional.