The Accusation

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Earlier this week, R1a and I were accused of somehow conspiring to make FedEx look bad and flim-flam otherwise happy employees out the door. First, I think FedEx does a terrific job of convincing employees to seek employment elsewhere...they don't need my help. Second, R1a isn't here to defend himself. Third...I am no Svengali casting mystical spells upon you and mesmerizing folks into leaving a fulfilling FedEx career. I have always spoken the truth, and tried to give an honest picture of the horror that Express has become. If you're 53, and don't have a lot of options to find something better...maybe you should stay. But if you're younger, you need to get out as soon as you can, because it isn't going to get any better. This is always what I've said, and I stick by it now.

As more and more of you come off the Kool-Aid and get sober, the light is clicking on....you "get it". Make your own decisions, but I think my advice and opinions have been sound, and so were R1a's.

bbsam

Staff member
Really, MFE. R1a and I were more closely aligned philosophically speaking. You're a bit late to the game. I encourage you to go back and read up on the history.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really, MFE. R1a and I were more closely aligned philosophically speaking. You're a bit late to the game. I encourage you to go back and read up on the history.

Agreed. TUT is a shipper, not experienced in the ways of this business. My point is to leave well before you are too old to have the option to get out. Every time I see someone in their twenties or thirties leave FedEx for something better, it makes me feel good to know they've escaped. Those of us who drank the Kool-Aid early and then became old enough to limit our options are in a bad spot.

The economy is improving, to the point where I have heard that UPS is hiring drivers off the street in some locations. It's been a long time since that has happened. If you like this kind of work, be smart and build a career at a company that has a future for you. Fred S and his peers atop this company have assured themselves of a rosy financial future...at your expense. At least at UPS (or other more progressive employers) there's something in it for you too.

Please consider what you want your career to be like when you do make it to 50, not what it's like when you're 20. The years pass by quickly, and then it's very late in the game to be making changes. There is zero future at FedEx unless you aspire (pun intended) to enter management and suffer your way into a top-tier position. These folks do quite well. As an hourly, there is nothing for you here long-term.

Be smart.

vantexan

And if it were put as you did above I wouldn't have said what I said. But you and R1a were telling people they'd better get out right now because this, this, and this are about to happen to you. R1a had "inside" information, and he was good at painting pictures of imminent doom. The level of histrionics most likely lead a few people to quit.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Actually in my area not only are we hiring off the street, I have been told direct from HR that they are specifically targeting FedEx Ground Drivers.
Funny thing is that reasons are two fold. Firstly their work mirrors ours the most out of all carriers, secondly they're the most likely to be appreciative of what they'd get at UPS since they are so mistreated at Ground. So let any Ground drivers know that right now is a legitimate opportunity for them at UPS.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually in my area not only are we hiring off the street, I have been told direct from HR that they are specifically targeting FedEx Ground Drivers.
Funny thing is that reasons are two fold. Firstly their work mirrors ours the most out of all carriers, secondly they're the most likely to be appreciative of what they'd get at UPS since they are so mistreated at Ground. So let any Ground drivers know that right now is a legitimate opportunity for them at UPS.
I've wondered for years why UPS didn't use that strategy more.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There is zero future at FedEx unless you aspire (pun intended) to enter management and suffer your way into a top-tier position. These folks do quite well. As an hourly, there is nothing for you here long-term.

Be smart.
Wise advice but even becoming a manager means Smith has your soul even more than a courier. Unless you want to be some yes man puppet go into management somewhere else that offers a real management position where you don't have get 20 OK's and a sign off from Matt Thornton just to get printer paper. To you younger people, the idea is clear, just get out while you can. It's just gonna get uglier.

MAKAVELI

Ft off the street?

TUT

Agreed. TUT is a shipper, not experienced in the ways of this business.

GTFO with that, I manage 10's of millions in shipping.

I get it the grips have tightened on you, welcome to business in America. You don't have it the worst all by yourselves.

thedownhillEXPRESS

R1A had accurate inside info,not his fault the plan failed epically.
It's easy for people like Van to take a stab at but obviously plans are fluid and their fluid froze like a glacier.
So The average Fedex Express employee got 5 more years before R1a' end game scenario occurs.

TUT

Well whoop dee doo......

Well he don't need to throw out his wild guesses of me that are off base, I will refute that 100% of the time.

I will also say one thing he is really delusional on is when he "has to get the word out to customers about Fedex how bad they treat people". People have never cared unless it is life threatening how bad you got it, because they have their own issues to deal with. More like... join the crowd bub. You didn't care when other industries went the way of the dodo, you just keep your mind on and took care of your own. We are all the same that way.

CJinx

Earlier this week, R1a and I were accused of somehow conspiring to make FedEx look bad and flim-flam otherwise happy employees out the door.
You conspire to make Fedex look bad at any opportunity, be it spinning real news stories about accidents and/or deaths to fabricating total BS whenever it suits you. You advocate a work philosophy that you claim to follow and encourage others to follow because you think you're getting one over on the company, but I highly doubt you really do it because you'd be fired if you did. You advocate for a union and encourage others to do so, but damned if you're going to do any of the work. You're content to post anonymously on some website online and call that an effort. "They'd fire me!" Yeah well, wanna make omelets? Gotta break some eggs.

vantexan

R1A had accurate inside info,not his fault the plan failed epically.
It's easy for people like Van to take a stab at but obviously plans are fluid and their fluid froze like a glacier.
So The average Fedex Express employee got 5 more years before R1a' end game scenario occurs.
How can you say he had accurate inside info when none of what he predicted has happened? Did you see the "secret documents" he claimed to have seen? Could DRA be more about the quality of people they've been hiring, trying to reduce turnover by helping them out? Or to reduce overtime? The big whopper was saying they were going to force people to work 12 hr days with a 5 hr split, resulting in only 35 hrs a week. Who'd work for them in such a situation? Not to mention that scenario just wouldn't work with the windows of many stations. Have you ever heard of any company forcing a 60 hr week on employees but only paying for 35? For sure the lawyers would have a field day over that one. Yeah, talk authoritatively, hype nightmare scenarios, get people all ginned up. R1a was a very skilled troll.