"The American dream" not quite so for Latinos

ups1990

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...ats-fueling-pro-immigration-protest-in-dc.php With little fanfare on the same day that Congress passed its health Care Bill, thousands of latinos protested mainly the White House and Democrats for what they see as a lack of progress in Immigration reform. No doubt this was an embarassing moment for the Obama led administration. Latinos gave this Man their trust to finally deliver the golden ticket many have waited for years, The American dream.

Latinos come from every South American Country looking for this dream ilegally. For these folks, the realization of this dream will be just a dream in the long run. Take a Father and Mother who brave the heat of the dessert and bring along their small children. Once settled somewhere in the USA, maybe find good jobs and the children begin to attend schools and reach adult age, all the while still ilegal. One of the grown kids gets arrested for having fake documents and then faces deprtation to a country they know nothing about. Sometimes not even speaking spanish due to being Americanized. This young person will realize that the dream that his parents had for him was just that a "dream" and now reality sets in. We all dream but must know that some dreams will never sadly, materialze.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...ats-fueling-pro-immigration-protest-in-dc.php With little fanfare on the same day that Congress passed its health Care Bill, thousands of latinos protested mainly the White House and Democrats for what they see as a lack of progress in Immigration reform. No doubt this was an embarassing moment for the Obama led administration. Latinos gave this Man their trust to finally deliver the golden ticket many have waited for years, The American dream.

Latinos come from every South American Country looking for this dream ilegally. For these folks, the realization of this dream will be just a dream in the long run. Take a Father and Mother who brave the heat of the dessert and bring along their small children. Once settled somewhere in the USA, maybe find good jobs and the children begin to attend schools and reach adult age, all the while still ilegal. One of the grown kids gets arrested for having fake documents and then faces deprtation to a country they know nothing about. Sometimes not even speaking spanish due to being Americanized. This young person will realize that the dream that his parents had for him was just that a "dream" and now reality sets in. We all dream but must know that some dreams will never sadly, materialze.

No Amnesty for illegals!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am open for reviewing individual cases.

There is a process already in place for that--they are called border crossing stations. If you wish to enter the US, or for that matter Canada or Mexico, you must show the proper documentation at a port of entry. No papers, no entry. It used be when I would to go to Canada all I had to do was answer a few questions as they ran my license plate through the system; now, you have to have both a drivers license and a passport or one of the new enhanced drivers licenses which is basically both a license and a passport.

Please note that migrant workers are different from illegal immigrants as they have valid working papers.

Perhaps you should ask some of our members from California is they would agree with reviewing individual cases.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are correct routes for becoming citizens. Take those routes or turn around and go back where you came from.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
There is a process already in place for that--they are called border crossing stations. If you wish to enter the US, or for that matter Canada or Mexico, you must show the proper documentation at a port of entry. No papers, no entry. It used be when I would to go to Canada all I had to do was answer a few questions as they ran my license plate through the system; now, you have to have both a drivers license and a passport or one of the new enhanced drivers licenses which is basically both a license and a passport.

Please note that migrant workers are different from illegal immigrants as they have valid working papers.

Perhaps you should ask some of our members from California is they would agree with reviewing individual cases.

I was not discussing Entry. My comment was rergarding Citizenship.
I believe that was the context of this thread.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Agree!
Now we have a very interesting dilemma. Their Counrty doesn't have "proper paperwork". We want them to be here; they perform tasks that most Americans think are below them.
I have personal beliefs about Military and/or Other Service, but it is not up to me.
Why not establish a system whereby the Govn't tracks; collects taxes; documents movements; etc...?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I was not discussing Entry. My comment was rergarding Citizenship.
I believe that was the context of this thread.

So its ok that people that came to America Illegaly can become American Citizens??? That is a slap it the face to all that came to America legally and became American citizens.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
So its ok that people that came to America Illegaly can become American Citizens??? That is a slap it the face to all that came to America legally and became American citizens.

Why not? Think differently. My relatives came here via Ellis and it was a different time and situation. We make Olympic Athletes "Citizen's" in a matter of minutes; why not contributing people under different circumstances?
I also posted something about cumpolsory military and/or conservatory service.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Agree!
Now we have a very interesting dilemma. Their Counrty doesn't have "proper paperwork".
To bad, so sad. They should have thought about that before they came here illegaly. People need to take responsibility for their actions.
We want them to be here; they perform tasks that most Americans think are below them.
We do? Who are you speaking for...all of America or just the leftys who want their votes? I have an idea...how about we force the Freeloaders who suck tax my tax money for their free healthcare, food, housing,etc, etc, etc, to do those jobs that are "below them".
I have personal beliefs about Military and/or Other Service, but it is not up to me.
Why not establish a system whereby the Govn't tracks; collects taxes; documents movements; etc...?
i thought we had a system in place but its called holes in our borders which need to be plugged. We need to enforce the laws that we have already and do a better job tracking people once they are here. Im sure they are to check with the INS every so often so we know where they are...Jeesh!!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
That doesn't really work that way. What if they are just vacationing the US, have no attempt to work. Or visting friends/relatives ?

Its called a PASSPORT...so their not here Illegaly. If they dont have one then get the hell out...or they can come live with you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Its called a PASSPORT...so their not here Illegaly. If they dont have one then get the hell out...or they can come live with you.

Wow, Lue, you really think that some mexicans don't enter the US with passports, and it stops them from staying in America ?
What does a passport have to do, with it , really ?
If they decide to stay, they will stay, illegally, like the rest of them. Maybe even change thier names and date of birth.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That doesn't really work that way. What if they are just vacationing the US, have no attempt to work. Or visting friends/relatives ?

They would then have to have the proper paperwork (passport, visa). Klein, you know as well as I that I can't pull up to the border crossing at Cornwall and tell the agent that "I am just going to visit friends" and they would just wave me through. I would need to show proper ID and have a legitimate reason for going to Canada. Granted, they could really care less what the reason is, but they do care about the ID and if you ain't got it you ain't getting through.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Agree!
Now we have a very interesting dilemma. Their Counrty doesn't have "proper paperwork".
To bad, so sad. They should have thought about that before they came here illegaly. People need to take responsibility for their actions.
Wow...You seem to have anger issues. Your last comment suggests that ALL people have the same logic and thought process as you do. Have you ever wanted something that you had to resort to desparate measures toi obtain? (Didn't think so)
We want them to be here; they perform tasks that most Americans think are below them.
We do? Who are you speaking for...all of America or just the leftys who want their votes? I have an idea...how about we force the Freeloaders who suck tax my tax money for their free healthcare, food, housing,etc, etc, etc, to do those jobs that are "below them".
I am spesaking for those that are not involved in this discussion. They do the jobs that people like you refuse to do and they do them well.
No comments here? If you are not a Vet, do you feel that you do not have a vote?
Give them a break. We were born here. My parents immigrated; did yours?

klein

They would then have to have the proper paperwork (passport, visa). Klein, you know as well as I that I can't pull up to the border crossing at Cornwall and tell the agent that "I am just going to visit friends" and they would just wave me through. I would need to show proper ID and have a legitimate reason for going to Canada. Granted, they could really care less what the reason is, but they do care about the ID and if you ain't got it you ain't getting through.

Actually, to be honest with you. It's not a requiremnet for US citizens to enter Canada with a passport.
Drivers licence and birth certificate or SS card are good enough.
But, the Canadian Border control will tell you, that you'll need a passport to get back to the US.
And only on the grounds, they might deny you entry (because of the re-enty difficulty at the US border).

Mexicans require passport and visa to enter Canada.

klein

Updated January 2010-

Bottom line: As of June 1, 2009, everyone from every country arriving in Canada by air, land and sea has needed a passport or equivalent travel document. (Some exceptions apply to children's passport requirements). Besides an up-to-date passport, visitors may instead have an equivalent travel document, such as a NEXUS Card.

Next time Moreluck (good try) post the whole article :

Visitors from any country other than the U.S. have always needed a passport to enter Canada. On the other hand, because of a friendly border crossing agreement between Canada and the United States, Canada Border Services did not require U.S. citizens to present a passport to enter Canada. This friendly border crossing agreement used to be mutual; however, now the WHTI requires that U.S. citizens have a passport to return home. In this way, passport requirements for Canada and U.S. borders are different on paper, but, are in practice, the same. Canada will not allow a U.S. citizen into the country who does not have the proper documentation to return home.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatraveloverview/qt/uscitizenborder.htm

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, you are splitting hairs here. A passport, Nexus card or EDL are required to enter Canada from the US whether by land, air or sea. This change was well publicized but, of course, there were some snags when the implementation date arrived and the border agents were instructed to educate rather than deny entry for the first few weeks. I spent $80 for my enhanced driver's license so I wouldn't have any hassles at the border. I simply show the EDL, they run my plate, and it's off to Montreal.