The amount UPS paid for my health insurance dropped by $11000.00 from 2013 to 2014

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No offense but 11 out of 80 on workers comp? If that's going on then I'd be following every single me of you guys if I was the boss. Those guys and girls sound like special needs people with that.
We are an old center. I have over 26 years in and am barely over the 1/2 way point in senority. We're old, and old breaks down
Besides, we are a very compact center
our routes average 140 delivery stops and 30 pick up stops a day. That's a lot of wear and tear on the body.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Every year. Not every 2 years.
I pay about 3 grand a year out of pocket between co-pays and deductibles for my family. I've had Union insurance through my local for 26 years. I consider it excellent coverage. I look at it as insurance to cover the major issues. You look at it as free healthcare.

realbrown1

I pay about 3 grand a year out of pocket between co-pays and deductibles for my family. I've had Union insurance through my local for 26 years. I consider it excellent coverage. I look at it as insurance to cover the major issues. You look at it as free healthcare.
You insurance sucks. My sympathies.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Here it is a free eye exam annually for the member and every two years for spouse and children. Free frames from a limited selection (my daughter called it the "welfare rack") or $120 allowance toward the frames of your choice.
I go to Costco now. Got sick of getting ripped off on frames by my Union recomended vision care provider.

upschuck

Here, they used Anthem for their UPS insurance., I believe. They would have your ssn now, they were hacked. Thank your lucky stsrs your in Teamcare now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I go to Costco now. Got sick of getting ripped off on frames by my Union recomended vision care provider.
The eyeglass place the insurance wants everyone here go to is crappy but cheap. It costs more to go someplace else to get decent glasses.

I have two pair and depending upon the results of the eye exam will either upgrade them both or will do one at a time if my vision has not changed that much. They give me 25% off on the second set of lenses.

realbrown1

I get free eye exams for the whole family though.
Only every 2 years though.

For my family, it's more for my wife's transition lenses. (Not covered) Her glasses with transition lenses and bi-focal were free before (with exam) now about $100 out of pocket.

Still a lot less than you pay. Glad I fought for better, otherwise ours would suck as bad as yours does. $3000 a year out of pocket.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Only every 2 years though.

For my family, it's more for my wife's transition lenses. (Not covered) Her glasses with transition lenses and bi-focal were free before (with exam) now about $100 out of pocket.

Still a lot less than you pay. Glad I fought for better, otherwise ours would suck as bad as yours does. $3000 a year out of pocket.
You can't make me feel bad. You fought for better and yours got worse.

10 point

You can't make me feel bad. You fought for better and yours got worse.
It got worse because it was going to anyway.

But, if we'd accepted the first offer it would've been a lot worse than what we had or what we ended up with.

No win situation? If you wanted to keep your same levels of coverage... yes.