The average day for a PT supervisor?

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Skywalkermartin, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Skywalkermartin

Skywalkermartin New Member

Can someone tell me the day from start to finish for a PT supervisor? the cons and pros.and the extra BS you face?

2. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

You head into work, grab your clipboard and stand around. Occasionally your boss yells at you for something out of your control.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Go into work...swing by the office. Grab your clipboard, walkie-talkie, yellow safety vest and a tube of lube. Put on vest, apply lube liberally to rectal area, say something important sounding into the walkie-talkie...like "Hey John...what's your 20?" Then bend over and grab your ankles....the center manager will handle the rest!!

4. bleedinbrown58

I take it you're an off the street hire?

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Come to work. Change into your dirty jeans and t shirt. Start loading for the guys that call in or don't bother to call in. See how long you can get away with it before an hourly files on you.

6. bleedinbrown58

Ten minutes.

7. Skywalkermartin

Skywalkermartin New Member

im like 2 months into ups career as a sorter I like what I do right now. Should I stick to it I mean extra 3 bucks hr would be nice but I feel that I wont do good at it right now.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Then stay where you are at. You can always apply for a supervisor position later after you understand how things work.

9. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

That $3/hr might help right now, but you'll be receiving sub-$.30 raises/year rather than the $0.70-$1.00 raises a year a bargaining unit member would have. PT Supervisors also don't receive a pension (like PT'ers do) and have far inferior health benefits.

Also, chew on this: if they're asking guys with less than 3 months experience to go into supervision, why aren't the guys that have been there 5-10+ years jumping at it?

10. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

My observations of a part time preload sup is they are just a glorified loader. Speaking of loading, did anyone know that now they train the loaders with a video, that's a hands on experience.

11. bleedinbrown58

A video ..really?

12. upsbeernut

Just heard that last week , our preload sups get moved around a lot . I like to call that musical manager mayhem

13. bleedinbrown58

Yeah PT sups are just shapeless blurs to me...just stay out of way and go write on your precious clipboard! lol

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You don't really add a lot of substance to the discussion here, do you?

15. upsbeernut

Sometimes I don't, this is a friendly website I thought.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I guess we haven't met.

17. bleedinbrown58

You're cool...Upstate is a lonely, bitter older guy..who likes to pick on newer members...don't mind him :)

18. Suprised you waited this long. to give the "new guy" his New York welcome, to B.C.

19. bleedinbrown58

Lmao....some cry all alone into their Swanson pot pie and coors light everynight....and wonder why they have no friends.

Lasted edited by : Sep 21, 2014