The average day for a PT supervisor?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Can someone tell me the day from start to finish for a PT supervisor? the cons and pros.and the extra BS you face?
Go into work...swing by the office. Grab your clipboard, walkie-talkie, yellow safety vest and a tube of lube. Put on vest, apply lube liberally to rectal area, say something important sounding into the walkie-talkie...like "Hey John...what's your 20?" Then bend over and grab your ankles....the center manager will handle the rest!!

PT Car Washer

Come to work. Change into your dirty jeans and t shirt. Start loading for the guys that call in or don't bother to call in. See how long you can get away with it before an hourly files on you.

im like 2 months into ups career as a sorter I like what I do right now. Should I stick to it I mean extra 3 bucks hr would be nice but I feel that I wont do good at it right now.

PT Car Washer

im like 2 months into ups career as a sorter I like what I do right now. Should I stick to it I mean extra 3 bucks hr would be nice but I feel that I wont do good at it right now.
Then stay where you are at. You can always apply for a supervisor position later after you understand how things work.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

That $3/hr might help right now, but you'll be receiving sub-$.30 raises/year rather than the $0.70-$1.00 raises a year a bargaining unit member would have. PT Supervisors also don't receive a pension (like PT'ers do) and have far inferior health benefits.

Also, chew on this: if they're asking guys with less than 3 months experience to go into supervision, why aren't the guys that have been there 5-10+ years jumping at it?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
My observations of a part time preload sup is they are just a glorified loader. Speaking of loading, did anyone know that now they train the loaders with a video, that's a hands on experience.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lmao....some cry all alone into their Swanson pot pie and coors light everynight....and wonder why they have no friends.

Last edited by a moderator: