The Ballot mess!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Stonefish, I wasn't in favor of it then and I certainly am not now. I am sure you all welcomed the change with open arms anyway. It seems you all follow blindly anyway

Sent using BrownCafe App
I do remember Bubbles being against it from the beginning!
I don't think Jesse or Al liked it either!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I do remember Bubbles being against it from the beginning!
I don't think Jesse or Al liked it either!
I actually abstained from posting on this issue until the Central Region Supplement narrowly passed on the second attempt and the Ohio Rider failed for a second time.
It was watching people I respected, acting like lynch mob idiots, that made me join in.
What a mess.

Irishman Collins

Bubblehead, isn't it hilarious they think we are one in the same? I guess great minds think alike! Lol! I will be glad when the votes are counted. Either way a sad situation. In my opinion there really is no winners in this situation. This situation has been an embarrassment to our union. It is unbelievable to me that no one north of Columbus gets it. We simply don't want to pay for our benefits nor do we want to be put in an insurance plan that is lesser than what we have now. We have the best insurance out of any u.p.ser and they want us to be happy with going into a lesser plan. What is so difficult for them to understand.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Funny how it's woe is me when they change our benefits but I didn't hear you jumping on the band wagon the last few contracts to raise theirs. And you question other people being true Teamsters. Shame on you. Shame on you B.
I am/was in the company plan. Why didn't you make an issue last few contracts about the people North of Columbus being in Central States in an inferior, unsustainable plan. Is it because it's only important when it affects you?
I am most assuredly not Irishman Collins, but I have been posting this all along.
I honestly never knew that every UPSer didn't have the same benefits as me.
We are making up for lost time voting NO!!!

Anonymous 12

Non active member
The end game is we will all be in teamcare and the next contract ups will take on a divided union in what might be a right to work state. Get ready for round two.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

407, I shutter to think what will happen if we become a right to work state. If we were right now. I am sure from central to south Ohio they would be lined up to get out. I have never seen such anger over an issue. It truly is a State divided. No matter what side of this issue people are on. Remember that our current administration has put us here and when it comes time to vote. I ask that you vote for change because anything is better than this!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

I am most assuredly not Irishman Collins, but I have been posting this all along.
I honestly never knew that every UPSer didn't have the same benefits as me.
We are making up for lost time voting NO!!!

You are making up for it now because it's your benefits changing. You didn't care when it was theirs. Oh that's right no one knew your benefits were superior to that unsustainable plan they are in because of the deep pockets UPS has.

Atomic_Smurf

407, I shutter to think what will happen if we become a right to work state. If we were right now. I am sure from central to south Ohio they would be lined up to get out. I have never seen such anger over an issue. It truly is a State divided. No matter what side of this issue people are on. Remember that our current administration has put us here and when it comes time to vote. I ask that you vote for change because anything is better than this!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Don't let RTW bother you. It is nearly inconsequential to workers where as the new healthcare law is having quite a negative impact. The reason our union bosses spent their time railing against RTW instead of the ACA is because they were looking out for themselves instead of their members. At least with RTW there is some recourse if your leadership fails to represent you. It wont break the union but it will make our leadership more accountable. Just the threat of workers dropping out of paying union dues to cover their newly incurred medical costs should be motivational at the very least.

Stonefish

Sent using BrownCafe App

It is a shame they would be lined up to get out as you say. I disagree with you that it is the current administration that put us here if you are talking about the IBT. Our benefits are still better than those up north and in Columbus and Zanesville they will not longer have a premium co pay from the company plan they were in. You know the one with deep pockets that was charging them a premium co pay. No one cared about the boys up north and now something affects us and it's vote no, vote no. It's called being a measter. You should have supported them for 30 years plus then maybe you get sympathy. Oh the I didn't know thing isn't a good excuse. I bet you don't let you kids keep getting away with that

Stonefish

Don't let RTW bother you. It is nearly inconsequential to workers where as the new healthcare law is having quite a negative impact. The reason our union bosses spent their time railing against RTW instead of the ACA is because they were looking out for themselves instead of their members. At least with RTW there is some recourse if your leadership fails to represent you. It wont break the union but it will make our leadership more accountable. Just the threat of workers dropping out of paying union dues to cover their newly incurred medical costs should be motivational at the very least.

What is a union boss?

Atomic_Smurf

I also said that RTW was nearly inconsequential to workers but I failed to mention that the expansion of the number of RTW states forced our negotiators to raise the starting wage for new hires. Helping to bring up wages for bottom-rung UPS employees is just an unintended consequence of the so called "anti-worker" legislation. While it was only a small raise it was more of a pay increase that our union bosses have been willing to negotiate in 3 decades.

Irishman Collins

Atomic_Smurf, I can't agree more. Our Union officials need to be more accountable to their membership. Example it is my understanding that the I.B.T. asked locals to get the opinion of their members in regards to The Master, Central, and Riders. The key issues were pension, health care and full time job creation. So what did they do? They decreased health benefits in some areas, set a precedent for us to start paying for our benefits, increased the pension only to offset the additional retirement health care cost and increased progression for full time jobs and basically allowed the company to use single day vacation drivers at will. These are representatives that have our backs? I don't know if I agree about your R.T.W. statements but there definitely has to be more accountability from our Union Officials. As far as bullying tactics used by Stonefish I cant agree more but you can only be bullied if you allow it and quite frankly I find his tactics amusing and transparent.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Atomic_Smurf, I can't agree more. Our Union officials need to be more accountable to their membership. Example it is my understanding that the I.B.T. asked locals to get the opinion of their members in regards to The Master, Central, and Riders. The key issues were pension, health care and full time job creation. So what did they do? They decreased health benefits in some areas, set a precedent for us to start paying for our benefits, increased the pension only to offset the additional retirement health care cost and increased progression for full time jobs and basically allowed the company to use single day vacation drivers at will. These are representatives that have our backs? I don't know if I agree about your R.T.W. statements but there definitely has to be more accountability from our Union Officials. As far as bullying tactics used by Stonefish I cant agree more but you can only be bullied if you allow it and quite frankly I find his tactics amusing and transparent.

Sent using BrownCafe App

So why don't you run for office again and make a change